Ordered a SoCal Garage steering wheel

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Just placed my order for one of these. I read a bunch of reviews on them and the only complaint was at times he went past his delivery date by a few weeks.
they are having a 10% off sale right now too so that helped.
i went with carbon top and bottom with perforated leather sides.
green stitching and green sight line.
Will post pictures when it gets installed.. 6-8 weeks from now haha!
Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
How much was it? DO you have a sample pic of what you're getting?

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
How much was it? DO you have a sample pic of what you're getting?
I opted to keep my heated steering wheel function so was 750 after that otherwise it would have been around 600.
I do not have a sample of my exact spec but another member on here got one from them and there site has a bunch of samples.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...s-carbon-fiber-leather-steering-wheel.108985/

https://scgarageworks.com/product/2005-2017-mustang-fully-custom-steering-wheel-built-your-way/

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Thanks. Looks good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Looks great! I always use a sunshade when it’s not in the garage. Hopefully that will help with heat.
Is that a SoCal wheel? If yes how do you like it any issues??

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There are a number of places around the world that sell custom steering wheels and they all look very similar. I suspect they all come from the same factory in China.

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
There are a number of places around the world that sell custom steering wheels and they all look very similar. I suspect they all come from the same factory in China.
I thought I was the only one who noticed this! And they make the same steering wheel for a bunch of different vehicles and they all look the same. They make them d shaped without reducing the size on the bottom which completely defeats the purpose of having a d shaped wheel and the perforated leather looks a little too pep boys for me lol.

Grated it would be nice to have a carbon wheel. Much easier to clean and it gets rid of the lines in the leather from the heating element. To each their own.

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
I like my all leather. The carbon fiber one in my old car (convertible) got way too hot!
20210731_070904.jpg
Looks great. What was your build info? I'm looking for the exact same version just with out the green.

Sponsored

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Looks great! I always use a sunshade when it’s not in the garage. Hopefully that will help with heat.
Is that a SoCal wheel? If yes how do you like it any issues??
Thanks! It is a SoCal. My second one from them and both have turned out great. The flat bottom takes a bit to get used to but no issues with the quality.

Looks great. What was your build info? I'm looking for the exact same version just with out the green.
Thanks! I just used the drop down selections. All leather, green stitching, green topline. It's OK but if I had known how bright the green was gonna be I would have went with just black stitching and black topline. I will need to address the lime green somehow but for now I really do like it. Looks like he's having another sale right now

https://scgarageworks.com/product/2005-2017-mustang-fully-custom-steering-wheel-built-your-way/

mfk2910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Farouk
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
thats pretty cool i dont think ive seen a third party steering wheel keep the heated wheel before. Will definitely add them to my wishlist

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You might be on to something ;)

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
Thanks! It is a SoCal. My second one from them and both have turned out great. The flat bottom takes a bit to get used to but no issues with the quality.

Thanks! I just used the drop down selections. All leather, green stitching, green topline. It's OK but if I had known how bright the green was gonna be I would have went with just black stitching and black topline. I will need to address the lime green somehow but for now I really do like it. Looks like he's having another sale right now

The "all leather" part is what I'm really concerned about. I like the smooth/perforated look.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The "all leather" part is what I'm really concerned about. I like the smooth/perforated look.
All leather (no carbon) is how I ordered it. You can use their chat feature on the website and Greg will respond. or use their email. Greg is really good about getting back to ya.
Sponsored