Sponsored

Ordered 2019 Time to build seems crazy ??

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hello to all, have not been on here in some time, but my son recently ordered a 2019 GT Premium with the options he considered important, at the time of ordering he was told 8 to 10 weeks max to get the car, which would have put him in the middle of December area with some hopeful thinking. They actually told him when he ordered it that the time is usually shorter.

Then he gets an email today and there not even going to start to build his car until January 7th, ( He ordered it 2 weeks ago ) with estimated dealer arrival of February 15th or so. This seems crazy to me, heck I ordered a BMW from Germany and got it in under 6 weeks.

Just wanted to get other members opinions as to if this seems normal or is this dealer full of crap? This timing would make the wait 4 months to get a Mustang ??

Any tips or info is much appreciated, thanks, Flaps
Sponsored

hailo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello. I'm new to this forum and Mustangs. I joined to see if others are having the same ordering issues. I placed my order on Oct. 8th for a GT premium. I was given 8 weeks to build. 4 weeks later I was told that the components for magride was on back order. If I drop that option, they would begin the build next week, which is the week of 11/5. If I keep the option, the salesman could not give me a build date. I decided to wait and keep the magride option. At least you were given a build date.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Hello to all, have not been on here in some time, but my son recently ordered a 2019 GT Premium with the options he considered important, at the time of ordering he was told 8 to 10 weeks max to get the car, which would have put him in the middle of December area with some hopeful thinking. They actually told him when he ordered it that the time is usually shorter.

Then he gets an email today and there not even going to start to build his car until January 7th, ( He ordered it 2 weeks ago ) with estimated dealer arrival of February 15th or so. This seems crazy to me, heck I ordered a BMW from Germany and got it in under 6 weeks.

Just wanted to get other members opinions as to if this seems normal or is this dealer full of crap? This timing would make the wait 4 months to get a Mustang ??

Any tips or info is much appreciated, thanks, Flaps
Did anyone actual get to the point of receiving a VIN# from Ford or the Dealer? I don’t completely understand Ford’s system but i didn’t think they assigned a VIN until they were ready to schedule. My order, placed 10/17/2018 has Magneride and I received my VIN yesterday. No production date yet, however. Have not received any info on a Magneride shortage.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello. I'm new to this forum and Mustangs. I joined to see if others are having the same ordering issues. I placed my order on Oct. 8th for a GT premium. I was given 8 weeks to build. 4 weeks later I was told that the components for magride was on back order. If I drop that option, they would begin the build next week, which is the week of 11/5. If I keep the option, the salesman could not give me a build date. I decided to wait and keep the magride option. At least you were given a build date.
Have you received a VIN# yet?

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ordered 2019 GT Premium Velocity Blue, Auto, 401A, PP1, B&O, Active Exhaust, Nickel Luster wheels.

Place VIN here;
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

28 Aug ordered
approx 10 Sept VIN
approx 10 Oct Window Sticker received
Build date 5 Nov
Delivery 23-29 Nov expected

vehicle.png

Sponsored

4N6DOC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge Sport 2019 Ford Mustang GT 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Ordered On 7/2/2018
Have VIN and Window Sticker
In Production 10/18/2018
Awaiting Shipment currently
Estimated Delivery 11/16/2018

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered in late August. Now being told delayed because of back ordered interior part. No magride.

Estimated build is early Dec now.

Because I love a good conspiracy I think they shut down the line to fix the engine issue. May be just wishful thinking on my part.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered in late August. Now being told delayed because of back ordered interior part. No magride.

Estimated build is early Dec now.

Because I love a good conspiracy I think they shut down the line to fix the engine issue. May be just wishful thinking on my part.
That’s kind of odd IMO. These cars don’t have many different interior options. Seems like that would cause massive delays to the whole line. Hey.....I like your theory. The whole line has been shut to fix the engine problem. I rather them fix it now vs having to deal with a warranty claim latter.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't gotten a VIN.
I’m beginning to think some of these dealers are running into allocation issues due to their own sales performance, stock orders, other special orders, etc. and instead of telling the truth, they blame it on the factory. If I got my VIN, there is no reason for you to have not receive yours, you ordered a couple of weeks before I did. This is very strange.

Sponsored

4N6DOC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge Sport 2019 Ford Mustang GT 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
I was told mine was delayed for the magneride.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I think a lot of factors affect build determination. Dealer priority and allocations are big issues, Material holdups happen, but vary in effect. I suspect that a lot of times it is a result of regional directors making decisions without knowledge of local dealers. The Magneride issue was given a fair amount of press, so makes sense that without more info, the dealers fall back on parts shortage for pacifying customers.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It was mentioned on this site that different dealers have different priority codes based on volume that greatly affect allocations and custom build priority. Which makes sense as that’s how many companies work especially when there is constrained production.

For example if you order with a very large, high volume dealer your car may get built a lot faster and you may have better visibility to the production status.

As much as I hope the production delays are due to fixing the engine problems the reality is most auto manufacturers operate with “just in time” component suppliers so it’s very easy for a supplier to slip up and production halts.

SGRO5.0's

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2014 F150
I ordered mine on 7/13
I got my vin 11/1
They are now telling me build date of 1/21

I’m not sure if it’s my dealer or the regional rep that is the problem.
The dealer told me 6-8 weeks when I ordered the car, now it’s looking like 6-8 months.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was mentioned on this site that different dealers have different priority codes based on volume that greatly affect allocations and custom build priority. Which makes sense as that’s how many companies work especially when there is constrained production.

For example if you order with a very large, high volume dealer your car may get built a lot faster and you may have better visibility to the production status.

As much as I hope the production delays are due to fixing the engine problems the reality is most auto manufacturers operate with “just in time” component suppliers so it’s very easy for a supplier to slip up and production halts.
Dave,
I believe you are correct. The just-in-time process is amazing. I visited the Porsche factory in Stuttgart about 6 weeks ago. Saw trucks deliverying parts to the factory loading docks. Our guide had us guess when those parts would actually be assembled into a car on the line. The correct answer was ‘within the next 8 hours”. At least that is what we were told.
Sponsored