Opinions on tail light tint

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've scheduled an appt to have all lights and reflectors tinted and I'm on the fence about the tailights. I have the 50 yr pkg so I have the chrome trim around the taillights. I have found only one pic (on BWG) and it looked ok but not great. So. How would it look if all other lights and reflectors were tinted and left the taillights not tinted. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I think it would look best with the taillights done too. Here's mine.

OP
OP
murphy

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I agree. And it seems that if you tint the headlights, you tint the tails too. But I'm not sure I like the tint on the tails with the chrome trim.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i want to do my tails so bad but it's illegal and more than obvious. I already got illegal tint on the car so I don't need another reason to get stopped in an orange car.

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Im not doing my headlights or tails and doing everything else. I don't think it would look awkard or anything. I have the amber corners blacked out. I may do light on tails just so they're not blinding at the trunk though lol

Sponsored

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
The tint on the tails with the chrome trim will NOT look good. The chrome is going to be jumping out at you even more, unless you like that sort of thing.

Here's my car, before I had the tails tinted, with the tinted corner / marker lights

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Here

Or this
image.jpg

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
GTO blackouts and the 1" spacers from American muscle

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
How's that FMIC working? I read your threads a while ago

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
How's that FMIC working? I read your threads a while ago
Next mod is gonna be those spacers, it really makes the car look a million times better. Kinda nervous since ive never useds spacers before, do they hold up against abuse? Hard cornering and such?

I cant recommend it enough, its awesome. I live in 90+ degree weather year round and my AITs stay consistent. Fits and looks like stock without having to cut anything, a dream.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Girls car has the tails tinted, It works on her car because all her shits blacked out (she's got black tails, the ford racing blackout panel, a black strip across the windshield, black wheels)

I've got gunmetal wheels so I feel the red is a good contrast, matches the red puddle lights ive got :cheers:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Yea I have had 4 mustangs and never used the spacers before. I have the steeda ultra light springs and it makes a huuuuge difference in where the wheel site in the back, like it was made for it. I corner the shit out of the car, if anything it helps with hop and just having the rear planted on take off. I love it and for $75 it looks like you have 19x10 in the rear. The only thing I'm wondering now is if you can run small spacers in the front.... Like the lowest ones they have because the fronts need to come out just a tiny bit to look like they sit right after a drop. Does anyone know if you can do this? I just know about. The rears and I love mine!!!!

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS