sphinx

Mr. Whipple
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang GT Fastback
With some of the more prominent issues seen with the GT variant of late with the 2018, in particular, the piston slap, the ticking, the shift forks. Is there any information available that Ford has acknowledged any one or all of these as an issue needing addressed such that the improvements are or will be implemented for the 2019 model year? Is this a matter of fix them as they occur? Would you avoid purchasing a new 2018 GT manual shift with any build date?

Have been considering a purchase and would like some informed feedback. Even some of the automotive and product consumer sites show some unhappy people on this model year that may not be members here. Thoughts? Thanks
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
As for the shift forks, appears that has been fixed as it was diagnosed as a bad batch affecting earlier 2018 builds. Mine is a May 2018 build. No issues with the tranny at all.

As for the various engine noises, only time may tell. Mine occasionally makes a very light version of the BBQ tick, but I've heard much much worse. I do have the 2200 to 3000 rpm clatter/rattle as well. The more I listen to it, the more I'm leaning towards the port and direct injection being the cause. I've seen pics of some scoped cylinders, but nothing that's too alarming to me. I've got about 2,300 miles now. Been making noises since 250 miles. Really enjoying the car. Would do it again with no regrets.