Opinions on AED or TBR Garage?

black_2018_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm in the Sacramento area and looking to boost my Mustang in the near future. Nothing crazy, 650-700 since it is primarily a street car. Looking to at least have a shop do OPG/CS and depending on how much it would cost to install and tune maybe just let them do everything. Leaning towards ProCharger but a Whipple is on the table as well. If a shop did the entire install then a twin turbo might be an option too.

I know AED is really big on tuning Mustangs but not really sure how they are as a shop in general. It doesn't seem like their webpage has worked in a while. But from Facebook it looks like they do quite a few engine builds.

TBR seems like it is more of a general speed shop and not specifically Mustangs. But they are authorized dealers for both ProCharger and Whipple so they ought to have a basic idea of whats going on.

Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with either of them.
Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I'm in the Sacramento area and looking to boost my Mustang in the near future. Nothing crazy, 650-700 since it is primarily a street car. Looking to at least have a shop do OPG/CS and depending on how much it would cost to install and tune maybe just let them do everything. Leaning towards ProCharger but a Whipple is on the table as well. If a shop did the entire install then a twin turbo might be an option too.

I know AED is really big on tuning Mustangs but not really sure how they are as a shop in general. It doesn't seem like their webpage has worked in a while. But from Facebook it looks like they do quite a few engine builds.

TBR seems like it is more of a general speed shop and not specifically Mustangs. But they are authorized dealers for both ProCharger and Whipple so they ought to have a basic idea of whats going on.

Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with either of them.

Keep in mind that AED, won't do a tune on the GDI Coyote's, unless you are running race gas, E85, or running a motor with lowered compression. I was going to use them with my Mustang with a Whipple Gen V Stage II, but a phone call to them changed my mind and stuck to the canned Whipple tune.

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp

Sponsored

2016s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I would go with AED. Been going with AED for 10+ years and 3-4 different cars. Shaun knows everything about these coyotes. Send him a email. I would definitely got with a whipple

OP
OP

black_2018_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for the input guys. I will have to get in touch with AED and see what they can do for me.

I should have mentioned car is already on a PBD flex fuel tune and there are a few pretty good Propel stations here in the Sacramento area so good gas shouldn't be much of a problem. I was leaning towards the ProCharger because my car is a manual and I kind of like the blow off valve sound. The reversibility is a bit of a plus but I'll probably drive the car into the ground (or around a pole) so that isn't a huge selling point. A Whipple is a Whipple, it goes fast, just don't want wrangle a bunch of torque at launch since it's a street car. As far as CARB, I don't plan on being in California when it's time to start doing emissions.
Sponsored