stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Anyone interested in a road course open track day? Next weekend, only $199 for the entire day or $350 for Sat-Sun. Florida International Rally and Motorsports Park in Starke.

Open Track Days at The FIRM is a low-cost way to test the setup of your car and improve your driving skills.

The cost is $199 per driver in advance, or $249 the day of the event. 7% Florida Sales Tax is included. Guests and crew pay $10 each to enter. On-line registration ends at 11 pm the day prior to the event after which you will have to register at the event.

7:30am gates open*
8:00am – 8:30 vehicle tech
8:30 mandatory drivers meeting
9:00 – 11:55am track open.
noon until 1:00pm track closed for lunch
1:00 pm – 4:00 track open
5:00pm gates closed
http://www.gorally.com/open-track-days/

Unless something else comes up, I'm going to give this a shot. Should be a lot more fun than a night of 1/4 mile runs. ;)
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Damn I'm already committed to a concert and some other stuff for bday weekend or I'd be all over this. Would go up Friday night maybe too it's about 3 hours for me but looks well worth it.

Stoli you have a GoPro or something to film your runs?

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Damn I'm already committed to a concert and some other stuff for bday weekend or I'd be all over this. Would go up Friday night maybe too it's about 3 hours for me but looks well worth it.

Stoli you have a GoPro or something to film your runs?
I have a co-worker letting me borrow one and I have my front and rear dash cams to go with it.

I spoke with the Managing Director for an hour or so this weekend and again today to answer some questions and it sounds like this should be a blast.

They are going to be having the open track days twice a month now, the 1st and 3rd weekends. $199 for one day, or $350 for both. Considering he said is should be 4-5 HOURS of track time, that's a deal to me considering I drop about $80 each time I hit the drag strip for a net track time of about 2 minutes (at best). :doh:

Here's the track layout, 1.7 miles:

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Nice man that's going to be awesome, perfect weather for it too.

Price is good too if you ask me for what you get to do.

Does my dirt bike helmet qualify as an approved helmet for this? Lol

Are you going to drive up early am or night before? Glad to hear they will be doing more events.

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Nice man that's going to be awesome, perfect weather for it too.

Price is good too if you ask me for what you get to do.

Does my dirt bike helmet qualify as an approved helmet for this? Lol

Are you going to drive up early am or night before? Glad to hear they will be doing more events.
I'll drive up early most likely. Has to be a SAE2005 or better. The website says full-face, but until recently they allowed half-shell and that's what I have. He said at least for this weekend that will suffice until they clarify,

Sponsored

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Damn....it would fall on my on-shift weekend, especially since I live about 20-30 mins away, depending on traffic. I love drag racing, but wouldn't mind giving a road course a try at all. S550 is a much more capable corner carver than the previous chassis'.

b00sted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost - 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Damn man! Wish I could make this. Didn't even know that track existed. I'll be up for this in the near future.

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Here's a snippet of what you missed:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
So jealous, looks like so much fun and a perfect day at that.

How was the overall experience?

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
It was great. From the staff to the other drivers that were there there, it was a great experience. Overall I think there were about 18 cars, five of which were T-Rex trikes. Initially they broke us up into three groups; T-Rex, experienced, and beginners. Each group had 20 minute sessions. After lunch, it was two groups, cars and T-Rex and at around 2:00 it was all groups together, green flag until the end of the day. By 3:30 we were all done..

5 T-Rex
2 C7
C5
M3
M4
BMW 340 (I think)
Audi A4
Challenger SRT-8
Spec Miata
Wrx Sti
Mosler MT900

The only cars to pass me were one of the C7's (the other was an 18 year old kid, it was his high school grad gift!), the Sti (race setup) and that damn Spec Miata. That thing was on rails in the turns.

I think I need a shovel to get the brake dust off today. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Yep I'm gonna do one of these coming up, thx for the info.

Lmao at the brake dust part :lol:

b00sted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost - 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Looks awesome! Great video. I'll definitely be doing it soon, just need to get some time to go!

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
It was great. From the staff to the other drivers that were there there, it was a great experience. Overall I think there were about 18 cars, five of which were T-Rex trikes. Initially they broke us up into three groups; T-Rex, experienced, and beginners. Each group had 20 minute sessions. After lunch, it was two groups, cars and T-Rex and at around 2:00 it was all groups together, green flag until the end of the day. By 3:30 we were all done..

5 T-Rex
2 C7
C5
M3
M4
BMW 340 (I think)
Audi A4
Challenger SRT-8
Spec Miata
Wrx Sti
Mosler MT900

The only cars to pass me were one of the C7's (the other was an 18 year old kid, it was his high school grad gift!), the Sti (race setup) and that damn Spec Miata. That thing was on rails in the turns.

I think I need a shovel to get the brake dust off today. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Damn bro that was pretty awesome I'll have to join you for a day. I first need a helmet and some additional IRS mods. I had a great time at Pony Wars and absolutely had the itch now! ran is the low 13's all day long. My biggest issues is was my 60' being 2.2 seconds. I have some technique to work on but I had a blast!!!

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Damn bro that was pretty awesome I'll have to join you for a day. I first need a helmet and some additional IRS mods. I had a great time at Pony Wars and absolutely had the itch now! ran is the low 13's all day long. My biggest issues is was my 60' being 2.2 seconds. I have some technique to work on but I had a blast!!!
Yeah, I have to get a new helmet - the won't allow an open face. :mad:

While I enjoy the drag racing, this is a whole different experience; much more 'rewarding' for lack of a better term. You can make a minor mistake and it really has no impact on you whereas a simple bad launch ruins a run at the strip and then you wait 30 minutes or more for your next mistake. lol

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Yeah, yeah...rub it in. While you were cutting corners, I was cutting Zzzz's after my 12 hr night shift. One day I want to give a road course a try. I like playing on twisty roads, so it would be a blast to road track it.
Sponsored