Sponsored

OIL PUMP/CRANK SPROCKET/PAXTON INSTALL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium 6 speed
Just started my build on the 2015 GT. Ordered NT05R 305/35/19 tires, Beefcake special Paxton with ID 1050x injectors, lund N gauge and tune, 3.6 pulley, maxflow race BOV, Boost a bump, oil pump gears, crank sprocket, and probably more i'm forgetting. I have plenty of space in the garage to try this myself, but should I? I'm experienced with bolt ons on several different types of cars, including s550's, and understand this will be more time consuming. What problems have you guys ran into with any of these parts i've ordered, if any? Oil pump/crank sprocket are going in first. How long should this install take to get it all done (ballpark answer)? Also, just out of curiosity, how does the 3.6 pulley and paxton perform on the street/track?
Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Id say the most time consuming part and scariest will be the engine gears, part of the main reason I haven't done my project yet myself lol. Can be done, takes a lot of time and patience.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am starting a very similar build but I kicked off my project with a conversion from a manual to automatic. I finished the auto conversion and now i am moving on to gears. If you are detail oriented and mechanically inclined you will be fine. I am going to install the gears then drive the car to make sure it is ok before moving to the supercharger. I am planning to modify the radiator hose for the paxton while I have the fluid drained doing the gears.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeaaah I heard it takes some time. It looks really intimidating, but at least I have a mechanic on call. Would I need to purchase a new gasket for when i put the front cover back on?

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wish I had the money for the auto install since the Mt-82 isn't the best, but oh well. If you get to it first, let me know how the gear install goes!

Sponsored

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
i thought the same thing, but got halfway done with the job and had to have it taken to a shop to finish. i would really recommend having someone wh has done the job before to help. reading instructions is going to cost you extra to get the job done if you end up like me. the towing and costs to have it installed, i should have allowed the guys install it in the first place....

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Wish I had the money for the auto install since the Mt-82 isn't the best, but oh well. If you get to it first, let me know how the gear install goes!
The auto install is not that much when you factorin needing a new clutch with the supercharger and possibly damaging the MT-82. If you go with the F150 transmission I think it could be done for less than 2K. Access to someone that can program the PATS on the car is the hardest part.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, never though of doing that. I might look into it when I go e85 in a few months.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The F150 transmission has a different mount for the shift cable but all other internals are the same. Some people have mde brackets to make the mustang cable work. i wonder if you can install a F150 cable on the mustang shifter.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it could be done, a paxton with an auto and some e85 seems to be a pretty lethal combo.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yeaaah I heard it takes some time. It looks really intimidating, but at least I have a mechanic on call. Would I need to purchase a new gasket for when i put the front cover back on?
The gears are not hard to do it all,most guys get themselves in trouble removing and installing the balancer,use the right tools and u wont have a problem.These can be done in 6 hours with no problem.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
No you don't need any new gaskets, unless you want them or your car has a ton of miles. They are heavy duty rubber pieces that fit in a groove around the covers. sorta oring-ish.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
I tackled the OPGs and Procharger in my driveway. I've never done anything this major before on such a new car. To be honest, the support here or on Facebook is tremendous.

Just a little story. So, I'm pulling the car apart for OPG. I snap the tip off the alternator stud. You will what I'm talking about. So I said fuck it, I'll cut the bolt behind the alternator, then use pliers to remove after. I break out the rotozip and cut the bolt. Well, it was under some tension, so when I got through the bolt, the rotozip kicked and and I end up cutting my passenger side brake line. Lol. So I place an order at the dealer. Did I mention I broke the dipstick insert.

I started at 2:30pm the first day, had a helper, by 5:30pm we call it a day. The Oil pump was next. Next day he comes over, we pull the oil pump. Easy breezy. I put the new Boundary OPG in. Slide the pump back on the motor. Spent an hour getting the oil pickup bolt on, you will know what I'm talking about. Finally got it on. I go to put the chains on back on the same marks that I made. Good job. Friend says, let's rotate and see if it's smooth. I get about 30 degrees and start binding. Shit. He says, did you put the pump on correct. I say I don't know, I just slid it on. He said that's probably it. I say gotta pull it apart so apart it came. Pulled the pump and found the gear was not rotating smooth. Fixed that. We are thinking, that had to be the problem. Throw the pump back on, pickup bolt getting easier with practice, chains go on. Rotate the motor, same problem. I had to be hitting a valve.

So I hit up all my peeps on Facebook and they came to my rescue. They have me the Ford manual to set timing back to stock. That was a nail biter. Set timing, put the chains on and what do you know, full rotation. But I still wasn't sure it was correct. I had to put the entire motor back together. Did I mention that alternator bolt? Well, went to pick it up and it wasn't correct. WTF? Idiot parts guys. Anyway, I have a 15, he pulls up a 14 for the hell of it and it has the correct bolt. So I went to Home Depot and got a bolt just to let me mount the alternator. I got her all back together and I was nervous as hell. Scared to bump the motor over with start and break valves. Well, I hit the go button and she fired right up.

Next project, install Procharger. Well that is done and I'm tuning right now. Was it a headache, yep. Would I do it again, in a heart beat. I've never paid anyone to do any work for me, and I never will. I save about $2k in OPG and Procharger install that I can use for a vacation. I don't believe in paying to have something built. It is so much more rewarding to do it yourself. Part of the $2k I saved I bought a badass toolbox and I have money left for Sai Li fuel system and E85. So to each their own, I prefer to keep money in my pocket and get the satisfication of building my own car.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I hope mine goes smoother LOL. The good part about doing it yourself is it helps you later if you need to work on it again. Is there are particular orientation to the OPG gears. i got the TSS gears andthey are not marked top or bottom.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
I hope mine goes smoother LOL. The good part about doing it yourself is it helps you later if you need to work on it again. Is there are particular orientation to the OPG gears. i got the TSS gears andthey are not marked top or bottom.

I didn't notice any orientation to them. Just make sure they spin smoothly in the pump housing. Mark your timing, but if you fuck it up, setting to factory is easy, finding clear instructions is not. But I can help if you need anything. Just go get it

As I said, I always do everything. It's satisfying and I get to learn about my car. After all the screaming and banging fists, it all worked out.
Sponsored