Oil Filter Shortage?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
We are both working towards the same goal. If you get an official undeniable answer to this problem, don't hold back on the count of me. Maybe we are barking up the same tree.......
Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
We are both working towards the same goal. If you get an official undeniable answer to this problem, don't hold back on the count of me. Maybe we are barking up the same tree.......
I know buddy, soon as I have a definitive answer, or even a valid solution, I'll be posting it for everyone. My ball is in motion, just have to wait on the results.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I know buddy, soon as I have a definitive answer, or even a valid solution, I'll be posting it for everyone. My ball is in motion, just have to wait on the results.
Likewise.

biscuit60177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
What about the dealer installing the aftermarket filter vs doing it yourself? Would Ford really push back if there was an issue related to something the filter may have caused if their own parts department chose to substitute the filter?

I am in need of my first oil change which I want to have Ford do but I have already been calling around and know they OEM filters are not available. I was told they would just use an aftermarket part.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
What about the dealer installing the aftermarket filter vs doing it yourself? Would Ford really push back if there was an issue related to something the filter may have caused if their own parts department chose to substitute the filter?

I am in need of my first oil change which I want to have Ford do but I have already been calling around and know they OEM filters are not available. I was told they would just use an aftermarket part.
Some dealerships will do that, some won't. I'd sit tight until we get some kind of answer. I believe Mike (above), got word from a rep that nothing else is acceptable. I think that was from a regional rep. Its really not their call. I'm pursuing a different path to get an answer that would be definitive. I believe Mike is as well.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Some dealerships will do that, some won't. I'd sit tight until we get some kind of answer. I believe Mike (above), got word from a rep that nothing else is acceptable. I think that was from a regional rep. Its really not their call. I'm pursuing a different path to get an answer that would be definitive. I believe Mike is as well.
Some will Sub the oil filter, but understand that what the dealer does and is not acceptable by Ford can put you in a situation of litigation because Ford will say they didnt approve the Alt filter and its the Dealers cost to eat if something happened to the engine, where the Dealership will say its not their fault they used a comparable filter and to go after Ford for not having it available, your in a lose lose situation. And as Tom as I called Ford and they told me there is no Alt and no acceptable aftermarket, to me that translate to do it at your or cost of the engine.

Hopefully between the both of us we can get answers and not the run around.

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
If my dealer were to install a non oem filter, I would want to know. Loosing an engine due to the filter being inadequate is not in the equation for me, regardless of who is at fault. Idling around town also doesn't work and I would rater be boiling over mad that the car is in the garage unusable for its purpose.

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
I scored. My salesman checked with parts and at first said no then texted they found one. On its way.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I was able to order too. And then they notified me it was on back order.
If it arrives, its legit. I just got mine today.
This post is for everyone's info. If you can find part KR3Z-6A832-A, its legit. FL-2087 filter and canister.
20220402_151908.jpg

20220402_151600.jpg
20220402_151535.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Heres a question: How come your oil filter has KR3E-6714-BA on it and this comes up nowhere when looking it up on google.
I have another few filters laying around and they are all the same. All FL-2087s

The ones I distributed to other members were all the same as well.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have another few filters laying around and they are all the same. All FL-2087s

The ones I distributed to other members were all the same as well.
Yeah deleted the reply as i checked mine and they have that number too...nevermind :D

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I spoke with a friend today who is an attorney and a car-nut... we spoke about the oil filter shortage of the FL-2087's. He does not have a Shelby, but indicated that he handled a case where a warranty was denied (non-Ford) for an engine failure reportedly due to a non-OEM part used. According to him and the legal ramblings of the Magnuson-Moss Act as well as some case references, if a manufacturer requires that the purchaser needs to buy the OEM replacement parts only, when aftermarket exists, then the manufacturer is required by law to to provide replacement parts at no cost to the original purchaser.

This is national, not local. I don't have the legal research data bases he does, but this interests me if he is correct. I shall research.

If that is correct, Ford would not be able to deny warranty claims due to an aftermarket filter installed.

If Ford does not have FL-2087's any for any currently scheduled oil changes, what are they using?
I plan on asking the dealership shortly since I am having mine changed at the dealer with a FL-2087 I was able to get from a friend.