Sponsored

Why is everyone buying the replica GT500 rear diffusers instead of OEM?

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 502A SCrew 2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP A10
I don’t get why someone with a GT wants their car to look like a gt350 or a GT 500 but hey. They make all kinds of shit to do it. To each his own. Or her own.
The Mach 1 is essentially a GT and has the same rear valance so it’s not making your car look like anything it isn’t..........Now the replica front bumper swaps people do THAT is another story and I agree with you on that but the rear valance is a far cry from trying to look like a higher trim car. I never wanted to make my car look like something it isn’t and you can tell from my pics. I rep the GT and proud of it plus it’s 900 wheel so it can hang with the best of the higher trim mustangs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Awesome pics, car looks amazing! Love the race red. I have been wanting the diffuser for awhile. What were the critical parts numbers that you needed besides what came in the kit they offer? If you still have the numbers.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
OP same thinking here, have a tip for the tips, paint the back side of the muffler black, will clean that area up nicely. Get really crazy do the same with the part of the muffler seen at the back of the rear wheel well. Stupid cheap little tricks have a nice payback.

Looks good and factory, interesting that the areo serves a real purpose for the pumpkin . I heat wrapped the exhaust pipes the surround it, insurance .

Good goob :champagne:

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Awesome pics, car looks amazing! Love the race red. I have been wanting the diffuser for awhile. What were the critical parts numbers that you needed besides what came in the kit they offer? If you still have the numbers.
Thanks! Let me track down the part numbers I had written down
and I’ll post the extra ones needed.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
It will act like a sail in the center section and flex Pretty good at high speeds. The oem support brackets only support the outter sides of the middle section
What exactly is the exhaust hanger bracketry and if important please post the part number? And why is this “critical”. Seems to have no issue with out whatever this is. Lastly I agree with the splash guards. But also not critical considering the Mach1 with the non handling leaves the splash guards out too. Levittown also left that out of their 350 rear diffuser package for the 15-17 Mustangs. But if you have it would also appreciate the part number. I’ve been looking for that.

Sponsored

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Here’s the part numbers for the mudflaps and hardware:

Mudflap driver KR3Z6328371AA

Mudflap passenger KR3Z6328370AA

This is the hardware that was missing from from the list if I remember right to bolt on the close out panel to the exhaust hanger bracket
W712977S439 X2

Push pin connectors for mudflap W714040S300 X4

Screws for mudflap
W715060S450B X4

I remember I needed one big push pin connector on either bottom part of the mudflap to connect to the valance itself. I had a few laying around so I don’t have those pn’s off hand but you could get those at any auto part store in the Dorman clips etc they sell.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s the part numbers for the mudflaps and hardware:

Mudflap driver KR3Z6328371AA

Mudflap passenger KR3Z6328370AA

This is the hardware that was missing from from the list if I remember right to bolt on the close out panel to the exhaust hanger bracket
W712977S439 X2

Push pin connectors for mudflap W714040S300 X4

Screws for mudflap
W715060S450B X4

I remember I needed one big push pin connector on either bottom part of the mudflap to connect to the valance itself. I had a few laying around so I don’t have those pn’s off hand but you could get those at any auto part store in the Dorman clips etc they sell.
Why is the exhaust hanger important?. What’s it’s function?

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Why is the exhaust hanger important?. What’s it’s function?
The exhaust hangers on the GT500 are different than the regular GT ones. The 500 ones have a extension that hangs lower with a threaded nutsert on them. They are made to attach the front part of the Aero (close out panel) to it.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Oh I didn't know about the rear rock guard. Glad Ford finally has an OEM rock guard for the S550 even if it's unofficial for the GT's.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I’m the first one to do this swap and figure this out that the oem would work.
51C9D6E1-C778-40FA-AE8E-DCE09540EFE9.jpeg
I thank you for being the pioneer that did the first full OEM part swap. You should be getting sales royalties of this LevittownFord kit.
I agree, this is the only good looking rear diffuser for the GT. Everything else is "no thank you".
Your car is kickass and your garage looks like paradise. Awesome!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The exhaust hangers on the GT500 are different than the regular GT ones. The 500 ones have a extension that hangs lower with a threaded nutsert on them. They are made to attach the front part of the Aero (close out panel) to it.
Ok but here’s the thing and this is what I’m curious about because I’m installing this diffuser on wednestay. Without this piece is everything safely secured and functional because the splash guards are 100% unnecessary and can be added later if you want to.

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Ok but here’s the thing and this is what I’m curious about because I’m installing this diffuser on wednestay. Without this piece is everything safely secured and functional because the splash guards are 100% unnecessary and can be added later if you want to.
The valance itself will be able to installed however you will not be able to put on the close out bottom aero piece on without those exhaust hanger brackets. The valence comes with 2 brackets that hang off the body of the car to the valance. It’s decently stout with the 2 brackets as they install on the outer edges of the center section. The center part of the valance itself has a scoop like design. Without the close out panel I think it will act like a sail at freeway speeds and could possibly distort or rip off at high speed so I’d just take it easy with the fast driving until it’s all buttoned up

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I thank you for being the pioneer that did the first full OEM part swap. You should be getting sales royalties of this LevittownFord kit.
I agree, this is the only good looking rear diffuser for the GT. Everything else is "no thank you".
Your car is kickass and your garage looks like paradise. Awesome!
Haha I should! Thanks man! 🙏🏼

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The valance itself will be able to installed however you will not be able to put on the close out bottom aero piece on without those exhaust hanger brackets. The valence comes with 2 brackets that hang off the body of the car to the valance. It’s decently stout with the 2 brackets as they install on the outer edges of the center section. The center part of the valance itself has a scoop like design. Without the close out panel I think it will act like a sail at freeway speeds and could possibly distort or rip off at high speed so I’d just take it easy with the fast driving until it’s all buttoned up
This is a very annoying thing to find out. I’m gonna have to contact them. They shouldn’t be selling incomplete packages.

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
This is a very annoying thing to find out. I’m gonna have to contact them. They shouldn’t be selling incomplete packages.
They include the exhaust brackets in there kit I believe they just don’t have the hardware to install the close out panel to the exhaust bracket. it’s just 2 metric bolts that could be purchased at any hardware store So not a huge deal. I agree thought If they are selling a kit they should supply everything needed.
Sponsored