Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

iShotfirst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
After some encouragement from a member here I ended up booking a one day trip. They opened up three days that are on not on their website. So after you get your car I would call them and try and book one right away. No driving guests or second day is available and they only had one spot left for a non driving guest which I snagged. They said they are trying to get as many GT350 owners in as they can before the end of the year.
Thanks for the heads up. Iā€™m going to call ASAP when the purchase is complete. Really hope I can make this work. I was looking forward to going.
Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'll be there Tuesday for the single day, most likely not attending the dinner Monday. Big tall 6'6" guy say hello if anyone on here is attending. Name's Aaron.

99superduty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350, 2018 GT350 J2561
I'll be there Tuesday for the one day as well. I live about 4 hours away so I'm driving in Monday after work....no evening reception for me.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I just called yesterday and was able to sign up for Sept 10/11 for the one day option. They seem to have more dates than are listed on the website.

LFG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I just called yesterday and was able to sign up for Sept 10/11 for the one day option. They seem to have more dates than are listed on the website.
They definitely have more sessions than whats listed on the site, definitely worth the call as they were very helpful and accommodating. Managed to get into a Sep 15-16 for the one day option as well. They have however completely sold out the driving guest option in all sessions which is a bit of a bummer...

Sponsored

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Was at the May 6 class, amazing experience with a very talented staff.

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Utah weather makes March dates tough. While there I heard rumors of this being the last year at Utah Motorsports Campus. Charlotte was mentioned as a possible location. Ford only leases their spot there, Geely owns the track. Geely is a Chinese group that owns Volvo, Lotus, huge shareholder in Daimler Benz among others.

flybipe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I am/was planning on buying new, and a big reason was to go to TrackAttack. Seems like lots of folks have had difficulty getting in, would those of you that have been say its worth it to buy new to attend this class? (I've passed on a number of really low mile nice used GT350's simply because I wanted to attend.)

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Yes. Yes. Yes.
Especially if you don't otherwise ever get out on a race track!

Sponsored

SickMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Heading out there for the May 30th track day. Anyone else have that day scheduled?

RPMaddict

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2017 Camaro ZL1
For those who attended...is this a very basic course? I don't want this to sound bad, but I really only want to go to see the track. I'll be racing on the west track in August and this would be a great way to get to know the lines prior to my championship rounds. I race USTCC, NASA and some other smaller GT series so track time is not hard to get. Do they have anything in the course for advanced drivers? I have to say it would be a sound to hear and it would be nice to meet other Mustang enthusiasts!

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
It's a basic class, a good one though. Very well managed and for anyone who hasn't had track time it's a great intro to what the car can do. Class time is mixed with slalom getting to know the car modes, braking to find the proper pedal to be right at the ABS, skid car, follow the instructor around the track, instructor in the car and then alone in the car. They do a great job of keeping you moving all day. It was really good to spend time with the other attendees, there were 13 in our class.

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
I attended the two day course in April. I don't know if the Track would be considered "basic" But the course is designed for novice track drivers. You could request the Boss 302 cars for the second day and those cars are very high performance I estimate near NASCAR performance. The instructors are retired NASCAR and Formula One drivers and they are very experienced in teaching driving skills. If you are are an experienced track or competition driver they can up the skill level and help you fine tune you own performance. You will love this experience. I believe the Track Attack School helped me be a better driver on the street and on the track.

RPMaddict

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2017 Camaro ZL1
Excellent review of the school. Thank you gentlemen. Looks like I'm off to Utah.
Sponsored