Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Go to a Ford dealership that has Raptors. There alwere also some 2018 F150s that have the color. That way you can see the color in light and in dark. It is a color changing paint in that it looks 2-3 shades darker in the shade than it does in the light.
yes, I have contacted several dealerships but no one had that color. I finally found a sales manager who is driving one, but haven't been able to coordinate seeing it.
will try again this week... I have to say... even the picture in your avatar looks fantastic....
I showed my wife a picture (not yours) of the color and she said "yuck".... guess I need to work on her a bit.... :like:
Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
yes, I have contacted several dealerships but no one had that color. I finally found a sales manager who is driving one, but haven't been able to coordinate seeing it.
will try again this week... I have to say... even the picture in your avatar looks fantastic....
I showed my wife a picture (not yours) of the color and she said "yuck".... guess I need to work on her a bit.... :like:
E9E62291-C70A-4EF7-A12F-3A1B7658D4CD.jpeg

DFEECA1E-8B9C-40FB-A99D-EB3094F2A9D8.jpeg
1D51C2A4-154A-4144-A26C-E560E5811CC6.jpeg

You can see that it’s two shades darker when it’s not in the light.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars

and there are lots of pictures in this article https://www.hotrod.com/articles/paint-protective-films-can-protect-car-rocks-save-paintjob/

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

DylanICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 19 Raptor, 17 Raptor, 11 Raptor, 96 Toyota LandCruiser
Just got this 18 GT350.
Tech package.
This is my first Mustang. Actually this is my first car since the $400 beater when I was in school.
I come from the Raptor world so I will have a lot to learn here.

IMG_3289.JPG
IMG_1523.JPG

Sponsored

Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
Last edited:

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Picked up a 2018 Kona Blue with Black Stripes in January - Living in Chicago area it has been hell just looking at it in my garage.
J2620
GT350.jpg
You think that's hell....try ordering one in December and waiting for your dealer to get a 2nd allocation before its more than a purchase agreement (technically not an order yet). If they get the allocation in April for example it's likely to be a June build and a July delivery....the waiting is the hardest part.
Thanks for the pic - my PA/Order is for a 2019 Kona w/Black stripes/magnetic accents (though I went for a black roof). So many good color options but a dark blue was on my wish list having owned a couple of blue 69 Fastbacks (GT & a Mach I). Cheers....and please more pictures - I can live vicariously though your pictures of what I'm waiting for and even possibly may not get if the factory plays games with limiting production.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You think that's hell....try ordering one in December and waiting for your dealer to get a 2nd allocation before its more than a purchase agreement (technically not an order yet). If they get the allocation in April for example it's likely to be a June build and a July delivery....the waiting is the hardest part.
Thanks for the pic - my PA/Order is for a 2019 Kona w/Black stripes/magnetic accents (though I went for a black roof). So many good color options but a dark blue was on my wish list having owned a couple of blue 69 Fastbacks (GT & a Mach I). Cheers....and please more pictures - I can live vicariously though your pictures of what I'm waiting for and even possibly may not get if the factory plays games with limiting production.
tom petty.jpg

ILGT35019

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2016 Chevy Silverado
Ouch! That is rough... I really wanted the black roof also. I was debating the 2018 or 2019. I decided on a 2019 (hence my name on this forum) but when I spoke to 4 different dealers they were expecting June-August delivery and wanted to add 3-10k market adjustment for a non-R. I started looking around at dealerships remotely close to me and found the 2018 with everything I wanted (minus the black roof) at 7k reduction in price. So basically, I would have to wait until June-August and pay min 10k plus taxes more for a 2019 and a black roof. Easy decision for me!
Sponsored