Sponsored

Official 6G Shift knob pics thread

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
74b7694e5cf5f28c873f98127ec935c5.jpg

So here is the ball from CJPP that requires the adapter, sitting next to the stock knob. I'm not happy with that amount of rise. I do love the new ball, and the look/size of it.

I'm going to modify the orange ball to accept the adapter (recessed into it). So it'll sit at the stock height. Actually just barely higher cause the ball itself is larger in diameter.

These balls are hollow. Yea. And light weight. So I figure while I'm recessing it in and filling it with epoxy, I can add weight to it.
Congrats. The red looks aggressive. The stock knob looks like a midget.
Sponsored

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Comp Orange. 65 Fastback ,T5, 302
That's actually orange, my camera just makes it look red.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
That's actually orange, my camera just makes it look red.
My bad...its orange. Was looking at it an angle on my laptop as I left work. It'll be a good complement to your CO. Will look good against black leather.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I would love a Mustang 50 Years knob in Guard.

1337th post.

Last edited:

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Comp Orange. 65 Fastback ,T5, 302

CJ knobb, custom cut to fit adapter inside.

Sponsored

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Been doing some testing for Raceseng. Should be available soon. 735 grams.

Sponsored

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Those dirty bastards! Told me they were just going to make an adapter :frusty:
It does have a thread adapter to make it work. I just happened to call them to ask if they were making one for the S550 at the exact time they decided to look for a tester. Some one has them believing that Mustang guys only like Cue Ball shift knobs. They weren't going to even try the Mustang S550 market. BUT I think after several people asking they decided to give it some thought and test the waters. Their shift knobs are certainly quality and could sway anyone that actually tested one.

Last edited:

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
It does have a thread adapter to make it work. I just happened to call them to ask if they were making one for the S550 at the exact time they decided to look for a tester. Some one has them believing that Mustang guys only like Cue Ball shift knobs. They weren't going to even try the Mustang S550 market. BUT I think after several people asking they decided to give it some thought and test the waters. Their shift knobs are certainly quality and could sway anyone that actually tested one.
I know I was there back in April helping them get dimensions and do some testing but I was only on leave for so long and had to come back to base in FL. A few weeks later it seemed like the owner just lost interest all together. He said he just was going to make an adapter and call it a day. :tsk: It seems like those guys have a strong bias to Subaru. As far as the cue ball knobs, I was trying to explain to them that was all that was available and they'd of done well producing something different. I really like their delrin wrapped knobs. Sophisticated and functional, you cant beat it. Any ideas if the adapter will work with their delrin knobs or is this the only one?

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
The adapter for the Ashiko was a simple thread adapter. I haven't seen the lower end of all their shift knobs but if they are the same in diameter I think it shouldn't be an issue. The lockout bezel cleared easily but I still need to measure the clearance.

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Thats pretty heavy, does it change the feel of shifting?
Definitely. You can feel the ease of the shifts as if its an aftermarket shifter. I will have a video up this week.
Sponsored