Sponsored

Official “Love my Ford Dealership” thread

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Galpin gets a vote here, they have treated me and mine like VIP 's unlike JCF who lost ALOT of $$$$$$ on our GT500 and Ranger purchases this year. Why can't we have nice things?

"If I remember correctly, Galpin Ford was the closest and really the only SVT dealership in So Cal. I’ll be checking again. "
Another + for Galpin. Do you have a service manager you trust there with your 500? With my GT, I just handed the keys over there, but would like a trusted service manager/tech to work on the 350
Sponsored

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Hey 09cs, we have yet to need service (just got our 6 mo. service notice)on Loudmouth but I can give you my contact on the floor.
He is a good dude and sure likes to send us free dinners at the Horseless Carriage.

Matthew Sanes
[email protected]

Tell him Curtis and Kelly Sarad sent you and he should get you fixed up.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hey 09cs, we have yet to need service (just got our 6 mo. service notice)on Loudmouth but I can give you my contact on the floor.
He is a good dude and sure likes to send us free dinners at the Horseless Carriage.

Matthew Sanes
[email protected]

Tell him Curtis and Kelly Sarad sent you and he should get you fixed up.
Thanks! I deal with Steve M. there as well. Great guy

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Well Fred I did give them a chance and they blew it, wanted to play games and argued amongst themselves if they even had an allocation (GT500) and not sure they ever got one on their own. I did see Charlon order a 500 for a San Fran customer, don't know any more details. JCF has sold 350s and Bullitts for sure and is worth the try.
I went through AAA Conceirge service and at the time Galpin was no.1 in the world and had over 25 allocations back in Nov.
Long story shortened, we got a car in record time but paid 25k in Arrogant Dealer Markup.

WORTH IT...NOT SORRY!

I you need any help with Galpin, I seem to have an "in" at that shop now after our spending spree.

Love to help,

Curtis
Thanks for that Curtis. I’m really enjoying my 350.
I‘m in Bakersfield so the nearest SVT certified dealership is Galpin. I’m still working part time so heading down to Galpin would be a real pain for anything beyond an oil change which I do myself. I really need to speak to Ford service here locally. Maybe they have someone that’s up on our cars. There aren’t many Shelbys here in town and the sales force certainly isn‘t well versed on them.
I‘d love to get together some day and check out your 500. A friend is thinking about the one here locally.

Last edited:

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Fred, you would think Jim Burke would be big enough to train up a couple of techs beyond ASE to Shelby America specs. Here in Ridgequake, JCF is not even a Blue Oval. Now Galpin has been good to me and should I need to leave the car, a loaner is given.

As far as a meet up, hell yes, a run to Kernville would be kick ass when the fall colors make awesome backdrops for my crappy photog skills.

if you get good news from J Burke or whomever in the valley, please PM me.

Talk at ya soon.

Pizza Barn needs to open in Kernville, ever tried it? My favorite!!!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Just south of Denver, both Phil Long Ford and Autonation Ford are good people. Make sure and let the service manager know you are willing to wait for a tech with lots of experience/training. Not sure what that level of training would be but one time they changed the assigned tech.

Last edited:
OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Fred, you would think Jim Burke would be big enough to train up a couple of techs beyond ASE to Shelby America specs. Here in Ridgequake, JCF is not even a Blue Oval. Now Galpin has been good to me and should I need to leave the car, a loaner is given.

As far as a meet up, hell yes, a run to Kernville would be kick ass when the fall colors make awesome backdrops for my crappy photog skills.

if you get good news from J Burke or whomever in the valley, please PM me.

Talk at ya soon.

Pizza Barn needs to open in Kernville, ever tried it? My favorite!!!!!
Jim Burke is a no go.
I had some business there today and decided to do some checking. Assistant service managed told me to speak to a certain tech...that tech was surprised at my questions.
Bottom line is they do not have the training. I was told by more than one, “it depends on what work is being done as to which tech gets the car”.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Took my Shelby in to Phil Long of Denver for the Shifter upgrade. Talked to the service manager first. He assigned my advisor and then a senior tech. Good service and I do think the new shifter has a little more positive feel.

pbrmeasap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R & 2016 Charger SRT392
The service department at Bozard Ford in St Augustine, FL has been great. No issues with any warranty coverage even though they fully understand the car is mainly used on track. They are also one of the few around that service the new model GT 40's, which requires corresponding directly with the Ford engineers as there really isn't a service manual.

Sponsored

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
Speaking of DFW, so you have experience with McDavid Ford out there?
No Ford Dealer experience other than the sale of my GT350R. It was Sam Packs Five Star and went well. Didn’t know who had what experiences in Dallas/Fort Worth.

SoCalRayRay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Avoid Lake Elsinore Ford and Gosch Ford in Temecula. I have been recommended to Ken Grody Ford but have not used them yet.

Had less than stellar service from Ken Grody in Carlsbad......I'm close to Encinitas Ford and have gotten to know one of the Service writers there really well and takes care of me.

However when they did on service on one of my F350's....drove it out like normal after service....got home....passenger side was caved in from rear door-to rear tire, with yellow paint on it....called them and told them....they said no yellow poles on their lot.....turns out it was parked next to the yellow forklift, lot boy just raked it down the side and said he never felt anything.

Service was good tho.

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Had less than stellar service from Ken Grody in Carlsbad......I'm close to Encinitas Ford and have gotten to know one of the Service writers there really well and takes care of me.

However when they did on service on one of my F350's....drove it out like normal after service....got home....passenger side was caved in from rear door-to rear tire, with yellow paint on it....called them and told them....they said no yellow poles on their lot.....turns out it was parked next to the yellow forklift, lot boy just raked it down the side and said he never felt anything.

Service was good tho.
Holy cow man, you’re a saint!
Sponsored