OEM Tires on 17 inch wheels

Renaultfool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Manual 3:55, Renault SCCA racecar
It is a manual. Clutch engages differently than my 2008 V6, but I am getting use to it.
Brakes are very very good!
3:55 diff cruises at about 2,000 rpm at 65 mph in 6th, just about the same as my 2008 did in 5th.
A lot more electronic gadgets to play with.
Side mirrors are very small, but I will get use to them.
Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
It is a manual. Clutch engages differently than my 2008 V6, but I am getting use to it.
3:55 diff cruises at about 2,000 rpm at 65 mph in 6th, just about the same as my 2008 did in 5th.
Great Info but what does that have to do with the Thread Topic of Wheels & Tires?:threadjacked:

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Congratulations! Eager to read what you have to say about your impressions of the manual V6.

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Cool. Let us have your impressions as you spend some time with it.

Do you have an auto or a manual?
Great Info but what does that have to do with the Thread Topic of Wheels & Tires?:threadjacked:
My bad. Phil's right.

Renault, I'd love to see some pics and hear more of your impressions. Start a thread if you have time.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just for the record, "Tony Alonso" just took delivery and Posted pictures of his 2015 Mustang GT Coupe. He ordered it with the optional Foundry 18`` Wheels (641) and guess what? The 18`` Tires that his Car came with were the Pirelli P-Zero A/S Tires (not) the promised Goodyear Fi Asymmetrical A/S Performance Tires, sorry. Pirelli must have (under bid) Goodyear and got the deal.

Sponsored

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT500, 2015 Ruby Red Mustang V-6
I am really surprised by all the factory tire switching. It is going to make comparo's a lot more challenging. My V6 was delivered on 11/14 and had the Goodyear A/S tires on 18"Foundry wheels. I have 150 miles on them and am very favorably impressed.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am really surprised by all the factory tire switching. It is going to make comparo's a lot more challenging. My V6 was delivered on 11/14 and had the Goodyear A/S tires on 18"Foundry wheels. I have 150 miles on them and am very favorably impressed.
Its very uncommon for OEM Tire switches being made this early in a Model Year run between different Manufacturers for the same size Wheel & Tire. Pirelli must have low balled the Goodyear original price bid or a (temporary) shortage of the Goodyear F1 A/S Tires made the necessity of the Vendor change. Time will tell if Ford returns to the Goodyear Tires for the 18`` size or remains with Pirelli for the remainder of the production run.
Sponsored