Sponsored

OEM Tires on 17 inch wheels

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
My dealer has 3 V6 on the lot. One has the 051A option with the 18 inch wheels and GoodYear tires. The other 2 are base without 051A with 17 inch wheels with Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 ??? WTF?? What do you guys think about this? I would have thought Ford would have put GoodYears on the 17s also like it was previously mentioned. Is this just for Canadian cars or do all base cars come with Hankooks? I'm a little bit disappointed since I took my car with 17s...
IMG_20141030_120100.jpg
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
This is the lowest model option. It's going to get the lowest tires.

The 51A package comes with Goodyear All Seasons. Also the EB gets GoodYear on all 18" tires. 19" options get Pirelli.

OP
OP
DJGold

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just disappointed because I wanted to trade my all season GoodYear for winter tires on my 17s. I'm pretty sure the Hankooks are worth less money wise so I probably won't get great winter tires in exchange. I have 20s going on for summer.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
The Hankook's were on all the pre-production cars with 17" wheels, so this is no NEW news to me. Plenty of pics of them in this forum.

Doug

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Stop you bitching. I`d rather have either Hankook (or) Kumho Tires over Goodyear anytime. All Tire Manufacturers make different grade Tires to fit different price points. That said, for OEM Tires or Premium Performance Tires, both Hankook and Kumho are as good and arguably better then Goodyear, period.
PS: Ordering a Base V6 2015 (without) the upgraded 051A packahe for only $995 that includes the much nicer 18`` Wheels & Tires is a no brainer. The Power Driver Seat with lumbar support and the added LED Fog Lights (U.S. only) are just a throw in. I added the "Spoiler Delete" option 13D which was included with the 051A package and added the Spare Tire option 66W for a mere $295. I assume you didn`t order that either?

Sponsored

f15eaglee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB V6 & 1965 Hardtop I6
Phil: I agree with the 51a package for the rims as the tires looks less bulbous than the 18's... I prefer the manual seat over the outer and while the LED fog lights are neat, I've never used them on any car I've owned. The plus side of the 1k savings is I can get done aftermarket rims, or spend on a handling kit. However, to each their own.. I wouldn't have been upset if it had that option package but didn't seem it out either.

OP: I've used hankooks for a while now and find them acceptable. Comparable Goodyear tires tend to be 50% more so its definitely a budget option from Ford. Look at it as an opportunity to upgrade. After all, mustangs are made to be modded.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Stop you bitching. I`d rather have either Hankook (or) Kumho Tires over Goodyear anytime.
The tires I bought to replace the factory Pirelli P-Zero A/S on my 2011 are the exact same "Made in USA" Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S that Ford is using on the 051A package.

I don't think I've ever bought Goodyear tires unless they came from the factory, but these were the top rated in the UHP-A/S class on Tire Rack and the Pirelli's were nothing I'd want again (noisy and fast wearing). I was going to stay in the UHP-A/S class, and the other choices I was considering were Michelin & Continental, but in the end decided to give the Goodyear's a try.

I put them on in May of this year and driving 400 mile/wk, I am very pleased with these tires. At same miles, Pirelli's were already noisy.

Bottom line, is you should be happy your 051A convert is going to have these tire instead if the Made in Brazil Pirrelli P-Zero's A/S the GT's with 18's get !!

Doug

OP
OP
DJGold

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stop you bitching. I`d rather have either Hankook (or) Kumho Tires over Goodyear anytime. All Tire Manufacturers make different grade Tires to fit different price points. That said, for OEM Tires or Premium Performance Tires, both Hankook and Kumho are as good and arguably better then Goodyear, period.
PS: Ordering a Base V6 2015 (without) the upgraded 051A packahe for only $995 that includes the much nicer 18`` Wheels & Tires is a no brainer. The Power Driver Seat with lumbar support and the added LED Fog Lights (U.S. only) are just a throw in. I added the "Spoiler Delete" option 13D which was included with the 051A package and added the Spare Tire option 66W for a mere $295. I assume you didn`t order that either?
Dude I saved $1000 by not going 051A. I don't need power seats (I'm the only one that drives the car), I get the fog lights anyways (I live in Canada), and the factory 18 inch wheels are passable. I would rather get the 17 inch wheels to put my winter tires (they cost cheaper in 17) and buy some aftermarket wheels that I actually like for summer (which is what I did in 20s). To me 051A is a waste of money. To each his own.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude I saved $1000 by not going 051A. I don't need power seats (I'm the only one that drives the car), I get the fog lights anyways (I live in Canada), and the factory 18 inch wheels are passable. I would rather get the 17 inch wheels to put my winter tires (they cost cheaper in 17) and by some aftermarket wheels that I actually like for summer (which is what I did in 20). To me 051A is a waste of money. To each his own.
I ordered the 051A strictly for the much better looking 18`` Wheels and Tires. I didn`t want the Blade Spoiler and I chose Option 13D "Spoiler Delete". The Fog Lamps and the Power Driver Seat are just a freebie throw in. Snow Tires? What are those? Don`t think you can buy them here in the Tropics. The 17`` Wheels and Tires on the V6 give it a Rental Car look, IMO. Cheers

Merle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Merle
Vehicle(s)
2014 RR V6
I'm just disappointed because I wanted to trade my all season GoodYear for winter tires on my 17s. I'm pretty sure the Hankooks are worth less money wise so I probably won't get great winter tires in exchange. I have 20s going on for summer.

The Tires and many many other things made up my mind 9.23.14
to just trade my DIB V6 to a NEW 2014 Race Red V6 and hunt down
those EB 4 bangers and blow their doors off (stock) with a (tuned) V6.
I see the new 15 in person as I pass the Ford Store and I think it is
UGLY. Glad I got a Real 50th year made 4/14 and not a 51st year 15.

Goodyears are only good for about one good year. My Michelin tires
are smooth enough and aid the MPG. I got my 14 with 13 miles on
the odometer in Dallas and drove 714 miles to Paris TN and 32 MPG
was the average showing. My 2013 V6 got 35MPG from Paris TN to the
West side of Memphis going to Dallas. I could drive from Paris to Texarcana and still have 1/4 tank. AND MY NEW 2014 V6 SOUNDS
GREAT. And it is FASTER than my 1997 COBRA I HAD NEW.
I LOVE THIS 2014 V6 MUSTANG. THANK YOU!

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The tires I bought to replace the factory Pirelli P-Zero A/S on my 2011 are the exact same "Made in USA" Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S that Ford is using on the 051A package.

I don't think I've ever bought Goodyear tires unless they came from the factory, but these were the top rated in the UHP-A/S class on Tire Rack and the Pirelli's were nothing I'd want again (noisy and fast wearing). I was going to stay in the UHP-A/S class, and the other choices I was considering were Michelin & Continental, but in the end decided to give the Goodyear's a try.

I put them on in May of this year and driving 400 mile/wk, I am very pleased with these tires. At same miles, Pirelli's were already noisy.

Bottom line, is you should be happy your 051A convert is going to have these tire instead if the Made in Brazil Pirrelli P-Zero's A/S the GT's with 18's get !!

Doug
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but all the 2015 Mustangs recently delivery at my local Ford Dealership (did NOT have) Goodyear Tires but instead, all had the Pirelli`s you hated so much. Evidently, Ford switched from the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric A/S Tires to Pirelli in all 18`` and larger Wheel & Tire configurations for Mustangs built in late Sept and Mid Oct. Maybe the Goodyears will show up on later built Cars?

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
PHIL,

The rental from the Orlando Airport that I'm driving right now ...

• IN ORDER PROCESSING COMPLETED ON : 09.22.14
• IN PRODUCTION : 09.25.14
• AWAITING SHIPMENT : 10.27.14
• IN TRANSIT : 11.07.14
• DELIVERED : 11.07.14

... a Florida car built and delivered during the time frame you are stating and it has the Goodyear tires on it !! Where did you get your info on this ??

I'm sure there are V6 and EB with 18" Pirrelli's and GT's with 18" Goodyear's based on availability the day of production, but I'm sure the norm is the V6 & EB get the Goodyear's and the GT's get the Pirrelli's when there is no shortage of either.

I said the Pirrelli's were "nothing I'd want again", but I would not refuse delivery of a V6 / EB car or expect dealer to change the tires out if it came with the Pirrelli's. Yes I'd be disappointed, but it is not like they are BAD tires, just not as good as the Goodyear's.

Also, I'm not the only S197 owner that was not real pleased with the factory Pirrelli P-Zero A/S tires ... most owners changed to something else when they were worn out and were happier with their choice.

Doug

Renaultfool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Manual 3:55, Renault SCCA racecar
I picked up my Yellow V6 today at my dealer and it is just awesome! I ordered it June 28th and it came in this week. I had them put Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads on the back as they worked really well here in NE Ohio in the winter snows. My car is the base model with the 17" wheels and it came with Hankooks on it. Not a bad tire as I do SCCA road racing with my Renault and I race on Hankooks as they are better than Goodyears and Hoosiers in my opinion. I set two track records with them.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHIL,

The rental from the Orlando Airport that I'm driving right now ...

• IN ORDER PROCESSING COMPLETED ON : 09.22.14
• IN PRODUCTION : 09.25.14
• AWAITING SHIPMENT : 10.27.14
• IN TRANSIT : 11.07.14
• DELIVERED : 11.07.14

... a Florida car built and delivered during the time frame you are stating and it has the Goodyear tires on it !! Where did you get your info on this ??

I'm sure there are V6 and EB with 18" Pirrelli's and GT's with 18" Goodyear's based on availability the day of production, but I'm sure the norm is the V6 & EB get the Goodyear's and the GT's get the Pirrelli's when there is no shortage of either.

I said the Pirrelli's were "nothing I'd want again", but I would not refuse delivery of a V6 / EB car or expect dealer to change the tires out if it came with the Pirrelli's. Yes I'd be disappointed, but it is not like they are BAD tires, just not as good as the Goodyear's.

Also, I'm not the only S197 owner that was not real pleased with the factory Pirrelli P-Zero A/S tires ... most owners changed to something else when they were worn out and were happier with their choice.

Doug
2 2015 Mustang Coupes just dropped of the Car Carrier yesterday morning 11/12/2014 at Wayne Akers Ford, Lake Worth, FL. One EB 2.7 with PP, One Base GT V8. Two different wheel configurations and (all) has Pirelli Tires! All Vehicle built from late Sept and early Oct.

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I picked up my Yellow V6 today at my dealer and it is just awesome! I ordered it June 28th and it came in this week. I had them put Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads on the back as they worked really well here in NE Ohio in the winter snows. My car is the base model with the 17" wheels and it came with Hankooks on it. Not a bad tire as I do SCCA road racing with my Renault and I race on Hankooks as they are better than Goodyears and Hoosiers in my opinion. I set two track records with them.
Cool. Let us have your impressions as you spend some time with it.

Do you have an auto or a manual?
Sponsored