Sponsored

OEM Fluid Freezing Temps

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Hello everyone,

I tried to search but didn't find anything yet. Just wanted to do a quick check as my car is seeing freezing temps for the first time. Does anyone know what the oem radiator fluid and windshield wiper fluids' freezing temps are? I know I could do a quick change to be sure, but just wanted to check here first to see if anyone knew if they are acceptable for freezing temps to about -20°F.

Thanks for the help!:cheers:
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Coolant/antifreeze should be good to about -35. The windshield wash should have the freezing temp printed on the bottle, which I would guess would be -30 to - 40. :cheers:

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Coolant/antifreeze should be good to about -35. The windshield wash should have the freezing temp printed on the bottle, which I would guess would be -30 to - 40. :cheers:
Washer fluid freezing temp is dependant on where you live. Down here it is like 20 degrees above which occasionally is not enough and we have had washer lines pop due to freezing. When we visit my in-laws in MI we stock up on what they sell there which is good to -20 IIRC.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Washer fluid freezing temp is dependant on where you live. Down here it is like 20 degrees above which occasionally is not enough and we have had washer lines pop due to freezing. When we visit my in-laws in MI we stock up on what they sell there which is good to -20 IIRC.
Good point. But as I said, what you use should be printed on the container. :thumbsup:

The OP looks to be on Ohio, so you would think any place selling washer fluid in his/her area would sell something suitable for that type weather/temperature.:shrug:

Last edited:
OP
OP

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Good point. But as I said, what you use should be printed on the container. :thumbsup:

The OP looks to be on Ohio, so you would think any place selling washer fluid in his/her area would sell something suitable for that type weather/temperature.:shrug:
My main question was do you happen to know if the fluid that came in the car is suitable for those temps. I have fluid in my garage to change it but hey, I was trying to take the lazy mans route if I could. Guess I'll just change it to be sure.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
My main question was do you happen to know if the fluid that came in the car is suitable for those temps. I have fluid in my garage to change it but hey, I was trying to take the lazy mans route if I could. Guess I'll just change it to be sure.
I get what you are saying. Did you buy you car locally? if so. the dealership should have checked all of that stuff for ya, shouldn't they?:shrug: I fluids didn't meet weather spec for your area, I would assume it would have been corrected.

But ya now where assumptions get ya.......:doh:

I didn't give my fluids a second thought. I woke up here this morning to -21 Celsius.:frusty: Sounds colder than it is. That's about -6F. But still early for this cold. May be a sign of things to come for us.....:shrug:

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
An OE fluids are good well below freezing. Now if you're in Siberia, maybe not but anything OE you should be plenty safe with down to 0.
Sponsored