KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

So my deck lid on the trunk lid is coming off, so i had Ford order a replacement. The only thing, it comes with the chrome GT symbol on it...

I already converted all the badging on my car from chrome to gloss black. Is the symbol on the deck lid bolted on or is it adhesive from factory? - Next question : am I able to remove my gloss black GT symbol and put it on the new decklid after, or do I need a brand new GT badge now?

Thanks,
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
It has adhesive and plastic rivets. If you try to just yank it off it will crack the decklid. That said, it’s easy enough to replace with the decklid off, just drill out the rivets.

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It has adhesive and plastic rivets. If you try to just yank it off it will crack the decklid. That said, it’s easy enough to replace with the decklid off, just drill out the rivets.
Am i able to reuse my symbol?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Not sure. Youd at least need new adhesive tape.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I also went with black badging, but I just bought them from CJPP. Here's the back of the GT emblem - the posts are mostly for alignment. I'm sure if you cleaned it and put on a fresh coat of that super-sticky 3M adhesive you'd be good. Cutting it all to fit would be a chore, though.
GT.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I also went with black badging, but I just bought them from CJPP. Here's the back of the GT emblem - the posts are mostly for alignment. I'm sure if you cleaned it and put on a fresh coat of that super-sticky 3M adhesive you'd be good. Cutting it all to fit would be a chore, though.
GT.png

i figured

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
removing the rear deck lid gt leaves holes. and the old emblem is broken in the removal as in cant reuse it later. IN order to resuse you would have to find double sided tape in the exact pattern or cut some new stuff I guess. After I saw the trouble with removing and how you have to break the tabs and all I just bought a blank rear plate off ebay for 80 bucks. When i trade car Ill take my blank off resell it and put oem back on. I have removed all my emblems and i dont see how any can be reused at all again later. mostly cause of the adhesive youll spend as much time an effort trying to cut a 2 way tape as you will to just rebuy cheap emblems. I mean a roll of 3m 2 way automoticve tape is like 12 to 20 bucks depending on the strength. a new emblem i can get for less then 10 on ebay so not worth the hassle to reuse.

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
removing the rear deck lid gt leaves holes. and the old emblem is broken in the removal as in cant reuse it later. IN order to resuse you would have to find double sided tape in the exact pattern or cut some new stuff I guess. After I saw the trouble with removing and how you have to break the tabs and all I just bought a blank rear plate off ebay for 80 bucks. When i trade car Ill take my blank off resell it and put oem back on. I have removed all my emblems and i dont see how any can be reused at all again later. mostly cause of the adhesive youll spend as much time an effort trying to cut a 2 way tape as you will to just rebuy cheap emblems. I mean a roll of 3m 2 way automoticve tape is like 12 to 20 bucks depending on the strength. a new emblem i can get for less then 10 on ebay so not worth the hassle to reuse.
It’s worth the hassle when shipping times take tremendous amount of time, not to mention my car is being parked for winter in about a week and a half. Considering they’re taking off my current decline, taking the GT symbol off shouldn’t be an issue. I’ll then just bring it to a friends shop and they’ll lay the new adhesive on the used badge.

All done

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
It’s worth the hassle when shipping times take tremendous amount of time, not to mention my car is being parked for winter in about a week and a half. Considering they’re taking off my current decline, taking the GT symbol off shouldn’t be an issue. I’ll then just bring it to a friends shop and they’ll lay the new adhesive on the used badge.

All done
cool was just giving my experience and opinion, to each their own. Just for me not worth the time and energy and poorly cut edges on tape when I can just get a new one cheaper then the tape. ship times.. I get stuff in 2 to 3 days not sure where you order from :)

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
cool was just giving my experience and opinion, to each their own. Just for me not worth the time and energy and poorly cut edges on tape when I can just get a new one cheaper then the tape. ship times.. I get stuff in 2 to 3 days not sure where you order from :)
I’m in Canada, that’s the problem. We get the shit end of the stick. The guys over at the shop will do an awesome job

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I’m in Canada, that’s the problem. We get the shit end of the stick. The guys over at the shop will do an awesome job
Yeah you guys do get screwed on pricing... sorry about that.

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah you guys do get screwed on pricing... sorry about that.
I would say it’s fine, but it really does suck. Our dollar is terrible, and I’m planning on going stage 2 whipple next summer... The cost is disturbing lol

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
The OEM emblems from the factory do not have an adhesive backing just a soft foam like backing. They are held in place because the edges of the pins are heat melted to the backside of the panel. You can only remove the emblem by removing the entire panel from the trunklid first and then drilling out the ends of the pins.

Aftermarket replacement emblems (like the ones from CJ's) come with similar pins for alignment, but are held in place by using dual sided sticky take in the shape of the emblem.
Sponsored