Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
Who's using an OBD2 Bluetooth device with phone apps? I'm currently using an ELM327 mini with DashCommand and it's a pretty awesome combination for getting lots of car info/gauges. Also tried Torque and it was just ok.
Sponsored

AnelBHF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Are you able to see transmission and differential oil temps?

MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I am looking into the OBD2 Bluetooth dongle. The information you can retrieve from the ECU is mind boggling. The app is the key since it decides what parameters to pull and display. I have some ideas I am working on for a custom app, and with Ford's OpenXC API I am excited at the possibilities. :)

MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Are you able to see transmission and differential oil temps?
It depends on the app, but yes it can give you transmission and differential oil temps, and much much more. Some examples includes steering wheel angle, throttle position, hand brake status, current speed, RPM, gas level, intake manifold air temp, and the list goes on and on.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Who's using an OBD2 Bluetooth device with phone apps? I'm currently using an ELM327 mini with DashCommand and it's a pretty awesome combination for getting lots of car info/gauges. Also tried Torque and it was just ok.
Did you try free one (Torque) or paid one ? Paid one is _entirely_ different and I think it is really really cool.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I have an OBDLink LX and use several different apps on my Android device to interface. I have not installed it in my Mustang yet. I had it in my last car. I used it mostly to monitor A/F ratio after installing a wide band in my previous car. I needed to because I was boosted. Nice to see the S550 has an A/F built in.

AnelBHF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It depends on the app, but yes it can give you transmission and differential oil temps, and much much more. Some examples includes steering wheel angle, throttle position, hand brake status, current speed, RPM, gas level, intake manifold air temp, and the list goes on and on.
I would really appreciate it if you could tell me any app that would display trans and diff oil temps.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I would really appreciate it if you could tell me any app that would display trans and diff oil temps.
will be using mine for a heads up display, as car will be in kph on the speedo with mph undernearth it, can convert it to mph on the heads up, looks well cool if it works, did work on the S197 so "should" work on the S55o
But would be interested to get an app so can see all the cool info that has been mentioned

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
sub'd
Sponsored