Sponsored

OBD II data logger

17MustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
Morning everyone, I have been searching around the forum but not getting many results for OBD II readers or recommended brands. I see a lot of posts asking about readiness checks and reviewing datalogs but not what brand or how they got the data logs. What is a popular brand you guys are using? I have seen a few posts about the Bluetooth models but then some say they aren't accurate some say they are I just want a quality product I can use for years. Thanks guys!
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Hands down the OBDLink MX Bluetooth Device LINK TO PRODUCT

Can't beat the hassle-free nature of a wireless connection. Bluetooth has never randomly disconnected me on this device like it has on other devices.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Most tuners are also OBDII/data-logging capable, with the help of a lap-top.

So, if you get a tune for your car, you also get a scanner and a logger.

OP
OP

17MustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hands down the OBDLink MX Bluetooth Device LINK TO PRODUCT

Can't beat the hassle-free nature of a wireless connection. Bluetooth has never randomly disconnected me on this device like it has on other devices.
Awesome I will take a look at that product, thank you!

Most tuners are also OBDII/data-logging capable, with the help of a lap-top.

So, if you get a tune for your car, you also get a scanner and a logger.
I was reading up on that which I really like that they include so many features, I am holding off on a tune right now. Most likely this summer will be a cat back exhaust and some suspension mods to firm up the rear IRS.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I was reading up on that which I really like that they include so many features, I am holding off on a tune right now.
FYI, there's no need to hold off on a tune. Due it now, and then when you've added your engine related mods, your tuner will give you a new tune.

I've worked with BAMA and like their support and free tunes for life, but there are other tuners too.

Oh, and another question. What makes you want an OBDII scanner on a new car?

Sponsored

OP
OP

17MustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI, there's no need to hold off on a tune. Due it now, and then when you've added your engine related mods, your tuner will give you a new tune.

I've worked with BAMA and like their support and free tunes for life, but there are other tuners too.

Oh, and another question. What makes you want an OBDII scanner on a new car?
I have been eyeing up the Ford Performance stage 2 tune with intake and such but I want to get my feet wet with the car for atleast a year so I really understand the power and dynamics of it first before adding more power. This is my first V8 performance car so I am taking it slowly haha but trust me I do want more power.

I want the ability to track my data to ensure the local gas stations I am using supply good gas and to monitor for any other odd items that could cause an issue while the car is stock and I can still take it to the dealer to have sorted out.

I had one for my GTI and I would periodically capture the data and go through certain items to make sure nothing odd was happening figured it be a good idea for this car as well.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
With my IPhone I get good pairing with a Kiwi 3.

For work on the laptop (Forscan program) I use the OBD LinkMX.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I use a Carista as I was programming some basics in my VW, works as generic ELM327 as well.
Sponsored