Sponsored

Now that it's spring...

rktsnk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'm going to be in the market to buy winter tires for the stang this year as well. Ill keep an eye out for any good deals etc. I wonder if/when Tirerack has any winter tire sales?
Sponsored

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
If you have the space to store the car then get a used Explorer. I had a 98 Mercury Mountaineer (AKA Ford Explorer) AWD 5.0 and it was the best winter vehicle.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Now that it's spring I have to start planning for fall. I live in northern Michigan ans get a fair amount of snow for 3 months. There's a lot of you (mostly the guys on the east coast line) who have winter tires and seem to do just fine.

My options are spend $1000-1200 or whatever the price is for a great set of winter tires or spend that money on a winter beater. I could probably get a late 90's early 2000 explorer for about that price with 180k miles.

My only gripe with winter is rust. I know they galvanize the steel used on the cars to prevent rusting, something they didn't do 10-15 years ago I've read.

What are your thoughts and views?
I've got a winter beater, which I currently drive. I've had this car prior to purchasing the mustang so I decided to keep it since it runs great. The only downside is you are paying for more insurance and any additional maintenance. But if I were in your case I would stick to getting new winter tires since you do not know what your getting into by buying an unknown winter beater. As it could require repairs or futher maintenance.

OP
OP
Aaleck

Aaleck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, PP, Premium, Manual
Thanks for all of your opinions :)

Next question, did some digging around on the forum but couldn't get a sure shot answer. For GT's with he performance package offset tires, since I couldn't find any tires that exactly match the wheel size, will 245/45-19's work on all 4 tires?

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
Haha!!! In Australia it is EXTREMELY rare to get snow. In southern parts near melbourne and in Tas you get it but those are the only places!!!
Sponsored