OSUbrew

Beach Bum
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Went and drove a new GT Premium with PP today and I've decided I'm going to get out of my C7 and into the GT. It's fun to drive, has a great "muscle" feel to it, interior is great, and will free up a lot of money I'm dishing out monthly. It will just be a good move for me all around financially. Much cheaper to mod the hell out of the car also, which I love to do, and I actually found it to be more comfortable than the C7.

Trying to decide between a CO premium with PP and premium ebony seats and a black premium with PP and Redline Recaros. I drove the orange one and I liked it a lot, i've just always been partial to black cars. I think they look very mean. The orange doesn't photograph well, but looks good in person. I'm afraid I might get tired of the orange after a while, but I know i'll always like black. I think black ages well also.

Have never sat in the Recaros, i'm 5'11 185-190, athletic build. They look cool in pics. Do they feel as nice to the touch as the premium regular seats? I noticed the seats in the orange one had some scratches on it already somehow on the side. I know i'd lose the heat/cool/memory with them but not sure i'd use those options much, maybe the cooling sometimes.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Wow not another C7 D:

The recaros will work well for you, the stock seats are still pretty good though, sit in both and see for yourself. The cooling option would be nice but I know you will never need the heated seats :D

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
My personal opinion here...

I'm not a big fan of the CO, I think the black looks better, but it is harder to keep it clean. Plus, I would think the resale value would be better for the black as well.

I have always said this about the Recaros (which I have), they make the interior of the car look far better than the regular seats. It does suck that you lose the heated/cool and power option! However, unless you live in a really cold or extremely hot state, Recaros are the way to go.

I live in southern california and at no point, if I had the heated/cool feature, would I feel the need to use them 4 months later.

Good luck on your soon to become new ride!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
orange doesn't photograph well? btw it's impossible to get tired of it... every time it hits the sun it's like... "you're a sexy bitch, you know that?"

GO CO! although I dunno man...getting rid of a c7.... I've never driven one but I'd prob bust my balls to keep it lol.

EMmUfs8.jpg

QdtQOLH.jpg

wlljfVL.jpg

cVz9pjd.jpg

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Landon - you car looks AMAZING!!

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I actually like CO better in pictures than when I saw it in person. I was planning on a CO GT350 with black stripes, but ended up going with Yellow with black stripes, like on one of the show cars. Still when I see CO in photos, like those above, I think it looks amazing once again. I personally prefer a more colorful vehicle, so if the choice were CO or black, I'd go CO.

-T

OP
OP
OSUbrew

OSUbrew

Beach Bum
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Those are some nice pics. Every time I take a pic of one, it looks like a different color in every photograph, lol. I was trying to send a friend some pics but they didn't come out well on my iPhone.

My C7 is a black Z51 1LT. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome and great performance, but I just kind of like the feel of the Mustang GT better, it feels a bit more old school. It will also give me a ton of extra money to do fun things like supercharge it.

Although the orange is nice, i'm heavily leaning towards black.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Magnetic is sweet..............C7 , goes bye bye. Welcome to Blue Oval. You will just adore the S550, any version. I have a loaded non pp & its a sweet ride. Get the Recaros a must.:headbang::ford:

simple06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Make sure those Recaro's fit. Some, like myself, find them too narrow across the back and shoulders. I'm 6' 205 and sure wanted them to work but really they are just to narrow.

Sponsored
OP
OP
OSUbrew

OSUbrew

Beach Bum
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Yea I like the Magnetic a lot also. I'll definitely drive the one with the Recaros before I make up my mind. Does the Recaro leather have a nice feel to it like the premium leather seats?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
recaro leather is definitely nice. just comes down to: do you fit and find them comfortable, and do you mind spending more money and losing 3 features (4 features if you have 401a)

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Recaros are amazingly comfortable I'm 5'10" 190lbs I couldn't imagine settling for those regular fat people seats

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Out of one American automotive icon and into the other. You can't go wrong with your color choices. I sat in the Recaros and at 6'4 and 260 I was just to broad across the shoulders for those seats! The premium seats are incredible for stocks seats however. I personally think they are,better than what you'll find in an M3.

OP
OP
OSUbrew

OSUbrew

Beach Bum
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm 5'11 185-190 ish athletic, my shoulders are pretty broad though. I guess I'll find out when I drive it this week. I think the redline stitching will look really nice in the black GT. The regular premium seats were very comfortable in the CO one I drove the other day.

Both cars have 401a but the only feature I'd maybe use sometimes out of what I'd lose is the seat cooling since I'm in Florida.
Sponsored