Sponsored

no retune needed after longtube install?!

CursezZz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT PP
i was emailing back and forth with lund about getting one of their Ngauges with a tune for just and intake and questioned about a retune after adding longtubes in the near future. and they essentially told me that a retune wasn't required and the changes for longtubes are already included in the initial tune. im confused by this a little because you would think a retune would be needed because of the additional flow. attached is the email from Lund support
lund.jpg
Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Lund is correct. No need for a retune after a header install with the tune they already provide you. Your maf will see the additional airflow and adjust accordingly.

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
The above post is correct, there are some changes that can be made to the vct to accommodate the longtube install, but nothing that will break the bank in terms of power gain

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I understand your concern and it is warranted as it does have a significant impact on fueling. Having the ECU learn with out any indication that its finished learning and everything back to normal is not a good idea. Make sure to compare the fuel trims and measured lambda in your logs before headers and after headers. Pay close attention to LTFT around the areas where throttle is changing positions. If after it has time to learn LTFT they are not very similar, Bring the issue to Lund.

Not sure how this practice has an effect on their FF tunes. The error they are having the ECU learn for headers goes into the calculated AFR. If fueling isn't accurate and fast E85 can knock.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i went through the same thing after my install. id still like to get it on a dyno to make sure

Sponsored

OP
OP

CursezZz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT PP
I can see where it'll learn for safety's purposes but I'm curious on how it accounts for the performance aspect

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
No retune is needed for longtubes, just as Lund said.
Sponsored