Sponsored

No Key Detected but Fob Works for Doors?

JBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I pulled my center console and after putting the car back together I'm getting the no key detected error.

The fob works to unlock/lock the doors but the car won't register it to let me start it. Putting the fob in the cup holder slot doesn't work either.

The batteries are newer in the fob. Unfortunately it's my only one. Is there a trick to this or am I going to have to get a tow to a dealer? I read other threads and nothing in those worked. Thanks.
Sponsored

Paddles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
I've never pulled a console on one of these but I believe there is a wifi radio behind the ignition button which scans for the fobs. If you had the console out could something have become disconnected back there?

OP
OP

JBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It was just the flat console/storage part. The radio/buttons/etc remained in place. I double checked that I reconnected all the electrical connectors so I'm not sure why it won't find the key but recognizes it to unlock the doors

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
It sure sounds like something is disconnected / pinched / cut etc. Might want to take it back apart and check it all again, something got missed (or damaged).

OP
OP

JBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah I'll do it a 3rd time. The car starts with remote start but won't find the key/let me drive when I get in

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Yeah I'll do it a 3rd time. The car starts with remote start but won't find the key/let me drive when I get in
Just hate to see you spend the money towing it to the dealer only to find out it was something you are missing.

gman1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2030 GT350 2020 GT350R
Their FOB antenna is in the center console. You may have unplugged it. It is around the parking brake attached to the console.

Hye Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang, 1985 mustang
Should be the antenna under the cup holder in the center console, probably forgot to plug it back in.
Sponsored