shinoda

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP
I wouldn't. they are stupid expensive, cpe/cvfab/any others offer same exact FMIC location, (I think CPE) is actually the largest front mount intercooler. and I snagged it for 285. not sure what they are going for now.
I've been bouncing back and forth for a few days with all the options. Pretty sure the CPE is out of stock everywhere I looked though, and the CVFAB looks like it requires charge pipes for fit. Need to keep researching....

OP
OP
shinoda

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
shinoda

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That CPE says 2015-2018. Will it work on my 2020?
yes. all 15-21 are the same.
you'll see a lot of parts that won't list 19/20 just because the listings never been updated.

oh, except fender extension plastic pieces, under hood. those are 15-17. thats due to hood redesign/headlight change.

OP
OP
shinoda

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I've been bouncing back and forth for a few days with all the options. Pretty sure the CPE is out of stock everywhere I looked though, and the CVFAB looks like it requires charge pipes for fit. Need to keep researching....
its in stock at cjpp

id try and ask for a 5% discount.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 2.15.42 PM.png

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine through my belly pan, didn't remove front bumper. I was able too, don't know how much the front fascia changed, but I was able to squeeze it in. was a 1 hour job total.--- we can do this because we don't have active grille shutters in our way. if your fascia isn't any smaller than mine, it should squeeze in there, otherwise you'll need to remove bumper.

I was determined

CPE is same or larger than mishimoto- and its also bar and plate. looking at photos, it appears the fins are slightly larger on the CPE. but me driving around, my air temps are always ambient, and I don't look on wot, but it pulls all the way to end. which means its doing its job.

if you want to do aggressive stuff like autocross, look into the race one, but if you are like me, and you are actually currently content with your stock intercooler, you will love the FMIC, its like stock with better hp longer term/more pulls, better everything. mines just a DD / street warrior, so its perfect to me.

OP
OP
shinoda

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
I installed mine through my belly pan, didn't remove front bumper. I was able too, don't know how much the front fascia changed, but I was able to squeeze it in. was a 1 hour job total.--- we can do this because we don't have active grille shutters in our way. if your fascia isn't any smaller than mine, it should squeeze in there, otherwise you'll need to remove bumper.

I was determined
Haha determination is the key! I'm really committed to changing out the grille, so the bumper will come off most likely...

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have a mishimoto radiator in my car though, its a nice piece, they was fairly priced with the competitors, but their intercoolers are not competitively priced.

I will be pulling bumper sometime soon, im installing Velossa big mouths, I bought for 80 off a member.

id do the intercooler and grille change at the same time

keep your stock IC in attic though, just incase one day you have something go wrong, you can swap them back on in no time at all, and don't have to worry about ford blaming "intercooler" which does nothing but cools air.

my car I bought brand new 15 miles on it, when I put it in air at 1k miles, it had a large dent in my IC, it was from factory dented in. Lol. like a 2-3 inch dent bottom of intercooler up. it was over belly pan which means it was installed that way

OP
OP
shinoda

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
I have a mishimoto radiator in my car though, its a nice piece, they was fairly priced with the competitors, but their intercoolers are not competitively priced.

I will be pulling bumper sometime soon, im installing Velossa big mouths, I bought for 80 off a member.

id do the intercooler and grille change at the same time
80 bucks?! Man, what a steal. Jealous. I really want them, but at $199 for the pair it is just crazy money for two plastic scoops...

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
80 bucks?! Man, what a steal. Jealous. I really want them, but at $199 for the pair it is just crazy money for two plastic scoops...

look at Facebook marketplace. thats where I got mine. they are red, but im going to have them painted grabber blue.

make a "wanted ad" too

mine arrive in a few hours actually, out for delivery now hoping they arrive before paint shop closes so I can drop them off

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros

I was determined

CPE is same or larger than mishimoto- and its also bar and plate. looking at photos, it appears the fins are slightly larger on the CPE. but me driving around, my air temps are always ambient, and I don't look on wot, but it pulls all the way to end. which means its doing its job.

if you want to do aggressive stuff like autocross, look into the race one, but if you are like me, and you are actually currently content with your stock intercooler, you will love the FMIC, its like stock with better hp longer term/more pulls, better everything. mines just a DD / street warrior, so its perfect to me.

Lucky I have that same IC, had to take it all off because I have the AGS, why didn't yours have them?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Lucky I have that same IC, had to take it all off because I have the AGS, why didn't yours have them?
only thing I can figure is, because other pony packs have them and mine didn't.

my car had a "block heater" which is a plug that sat on the bottom of my grille, it would interfere with the AGS function, so that feature must nullify the AGS all together, no codes, no nothing. no motor, no anything residual.

zoom in bottom of pic. you'll see the little plug in, you plug it in for winter.
IMG_0213.JPG
Sponsored