No Adaptive Cruise??

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Why go thru the effort of installing CoPilot360 on these and then leave off Adaptive Cruise as an option?
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Because Ford has a habit of holding back options for the next years model...not that Iā€™m saying only ford does this :wink:
That is exactly what they do. Go back and look at the "Order Guide" for each year of the S550 and you'll see parts and features progress from "GT Performance Pack" only, to "GT Standard Equipment" or "Premium" to "Base. It happened with brake sizes, with electronic do-dads, all kinds of stuff.

The standard equipment on a 2020 has lots of stuff that were only available inside option packs a couple of years ago. The 2020 Base GT is better equipped than a Loaded 2015 Premium GT sans leather. It gives the marketing guys something to crow about the next year, without really doing anything, and they get to charge extra for things that might not cost anything at all, because the engineering has already been done.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
At least the Mach1 has better options than Bullitts did... although there are some omissions too, like lack of rear parking sensors/BLISS/rear cross-traffic alert. Oh, and standard leather... although for the super crappy standard leather you get (even the 'premium' leather on Bullitts is crap IMO), I'd also prefer cloth. Ha ha.

Sponsored

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
At least the Mach1 has better options than Bullitts did... although there are some omissions too, like lack of rear parking sensors/BLISS/rear cross-traffic alert. Oh, and standard leather... although for the super crappy standard leather you get (even the 'premium' leather on Bullitts is crap IMO), I'd also prefer cloth. Ha ha.
Straight off the Mach 1 specs page, not that means anything the way Ford has screwed up their web page. But I thought I read that the car had BLIS and cross traffic alert
Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 3.18.40 PM.png

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I never cared about the BLISS, and I thought the adaptive cruise was a waste of money...until we got my wife an explorer sport with the adaptive cruise, and good Lord that is an option that I will forever miss šŸ¤Ŗ

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
We don't even get BLIS here....
better off without it imo.

I had BLIS on my older EcoBoost, hated it. I much prefer the smaller glass on my side mirrors more. 100x more

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
better off without it imo.

I had BLIS on my older EcoBoost, hated it. I much prefer the smaller glass on my side mirrors more. 100x more
The only thing I find useful is the cross traffic alert

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Straight off the Mach 1 specs page, not that means anything the way Ford has screwed up their web page. But I thought I read that the car had BLIS and cross traffic alert
Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 3.18.40 PM.png
All 2021 Mustangs, even the lowly Base Eco-Boost get Co-Pilot 360. Straight from the First Page of the 2021 Mustang Order Guide under major product changes:
FORD CO-PILOT360ā„¢ TECHNOLOGY
ļ‚« New
ā€” Ford Co-Pilot360ā„¢ is Standard on all series
FORD CO-PILOT360ā„¢ TECHNOLOGY (continued)
ā— Changed
ā€” Auto High-Beam Headlamps is standard on all series
ā€” BLISĀ® (Blind Spot Information System) is standard on all series
ā€” Lane-Keeping System (includes Lane-Keeping Assist, Lane-Keeping Alert and Driver Alert) is standard on all series
ā€” Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) (Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning, Dynamic Brake Support) is standard on all series
ā€” Rain-Sensing Wipers are now Standard

Sponsored
OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I like the adaptive cruise on the cars. I can buy GT Premium performance Pack manual transmission with adaptive cruise so it makes no sense

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Good chance it got delayed due to engineering testing with the Mach 1 bumper cover. From a potential liability standpoint an ACC failure could be as bad as a brake failure. Same engineering/testing costs as any bumper cover but spread over fewer cars plus buyers less likely to demand ACC.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I like the adaptive cruise on the cars. I can buy GT Premium performance Pack manual transmission with adaptive cruise so it makes no sense
You would think that they would at least offer it, can't be that big a deal. Looks like the Mach 1 is the only 2021 Mustang level that can't get it. I guess track cars don't need it?

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Good chance it got delayed due to engineering testing with the Mach 1 bumper cover. From a potential liability standpoint an ACC failure could be as bad as a brake failure. Same engineering/testing costs as any bumper cover but spread over fewer cars plus buyers less likely to demand ACC.
This is what I assumed as well, it has to due with the front bumper over and figuring out where the sensors need to go. Regardless, I had the option at the time of this car or a fully loaded Premium GT Perf pack with auto but decided on the Mach1.

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH
Not a fan of Adaptive Cruise. Had it on a 2009 Lincoln MKS and was not impressed.
Sponsored