Sponsored

Every member here needs to sign the RPM act !!

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't know if it's accurate to say they're "after" our cars. I think the Dems are working to better our environment after the scorched earth policy of the previous administration.

A change in the way we do mods on our cars is definitely on the horizon. But I feel this could be a good thing in that it could foster change and innovation for the better. That doesn't mean we won't be able to mod our cars it means we need to mod our cars in a cleaner manner.

Necessity is the mother of invention. Americans are some of the smartest people on earth. We will find a way to move forward and I think we'll be better for it.
Thank you very much for that, Plato. Lovely.

Whatever you care to classify"removing our modified vehicles," as being in a classier manner. In a way that is heroic and everso bold and wise. Perhaps you could C4 your car and quote Socrates. That might make a difference.
"We will find a way to move forward and I think we'll be better for it." Sounds like something a load of crap politician that has never had any real world life experiences would say. Either that or a 19 year old.

It won't be a change in the way we do our mods, as you seem to be under the impression of. It will be NO mods. That will be the change. And all this pseudo patriot BS about us being smarter and better means nothing. They are flatulence in the wind. Just like thinking removing our cars will make any kind of change in climate change. Your politicians that you've fallen in love with will be flying over your head in their private jets blasting the environment to Hell, while telling you to never drive your car because it is bad for the environment. There is a difference between saying something that actually means something and just enjoying how the words sound coming out of your mouth.
I wonder how Plato would feel about the government suppressing innovation.
Sponsored

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
When you're struggling with mental illness choice is removed from the equation.

agree with you, no one should be forced to help someone else. It should come from your heart. Not mandated by a law.
Actually, at one point, a great group of politicians gave the mentally ill the OPTION to leave mental institutions if they wanted to. This has made it very difficult for family members to get help for their mentally ill relatives that refuse help. That is very much a reality which is that mentally ill individuals refuse help. The system we have now requires someone that is mentally ill to commit a crime and only then could they possibly be forced to get treatment. Family members dread the phone call they may receive one day.

Again, another privileged view of the world.

Dtmlloyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 2500 high country
Wait till they come for your right to free speech? Then it will be to late because you stood by and let them take everything from me because you thought it was for the good?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, at one point, a great group of politicians gave the mentally ill the OPTION to leave mental institutions if they wanted to. This has made it very difficult for family members to get help for their mentally ill relatives that refuse help. That is very much a reality which is that mentally ill individuals refuse help. The system we have now requires someone that is mentally ill to commit a crime and only then could they possibly be forced to get treatment. Family members dread the phone call they may receive one day.

Again, another privileged view of the world.
Dude, Amen to all you just said...wake up America! Country of victims and complete ignorance lately.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Wait till they come for your right to free speech?
It's already happening. It started back in the 80's with the politically correct movement.

This administration is doing everything it said it would during the campaign.

They said they were going to kill the keystone pipeline, open the boarders, raise taxes and have a green new deal agenda. Blame yourselves for not listening.

Sponsored

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Dude, Amen to all you just said...wake up America! Country of victims and complete ignorance lately.
Some guys enjoy their "clean" clutch spring mod more than a supercharger I guess.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I don't think this does what a lot of people seem to think it does. This act (if signed into law) would only protect vehicles solely used for on track racing. It does not apply to on road (licensed / registered vehicles).

I think protecting autosports is a great thing, but I haven't seen anything about it being under threat (other than perhaps electric vehicles becoming higher performing than ICE over time). I have seen stories about pushback on people who want to eliminate or circumvent emissions equipment in on-road vehicles and the companies that sell equipment to support that. I fully support this pushback. Given how little that equipment impacts performance these days, I can't think of any good argument for removing it from a modern car that is used on public roads.
I want to go back to this and agree this seems to be getting lost in translation. I 100% support the RPM act. If you want to build a dedicated race car, you should be able to do so. You want to buy race car 'off road' parts for said car, you should be able to do so. The RPM act clearly states it's target is DEDICIATED race cars:

"The RPM Act is common-sense, bi-partisan legislation to protect Americans' right to convert street vehicles (cars, trucks and motorcycles) into dedicated racecars and the motorsports-parts industry's ability to sell products that enable racers to compete. The bill clarifies that it is legal to make emissions-related changes to a street vehicle for the purpose of converting it into a racecar used exclusively in competition. It also confirms that it is legal to produce, market and install racing equipment. "

It will not address the current EPA crackdown that we are hearing so much about:

"The RPM Act does not interfere with the EPA's authority to enforce against individuals who illegally install race parts on vehicles driven on public roads and highways and the companies that market such products. Tampering with the emissions system of a motor vehicle used on public roads is a clear violation of the Clean Air Act."

I wonder how you will qualify for 'dedicated race car' status? Will that be a prerequisite to buying race car 'off road' parts or a tune that defeats emissions monitors? Who knows.... I think it will be a while before this all shakes out.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how you will qualify for 'dedicated race car' status?
Long story short with the EPA. IF it has a VIN, you can't modify it. The RPM act insures any car with a VIN can be a racecar, which means tunes, which means parts, etc.,etc. RPM act has to start somewhere, and a Billion dollar a year race car industry is a good place to start.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
It's not liberal shit. It's called having a heart.
If you have such a big heart, take a picture of some homeless guy living in your home.

Got 1 ................ any ?
LMAO I know that answer

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Screenshot_20210318-191432_Gmail.jpg