Sponsored

Nitrous and EcoBoost shootout

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
So I'm wanting to do this shootout in bowling green in October but my issue with my car is getting it off the line. It's a stick car and I'm not building any boost like the auto cars are. So my thought were if I could spray a small shot of N2O off the line in 1st gear until I get to full boost would that work? And how much nitrous can I safely run??

http://www.nmradigital.com/2015/08/...ling-green-at-the-nmra-all-ford-world-finals/

Sponsored

Biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport
So I'm wanting to do this shootout in bowling green in October but my issue with my car is getting it off the line. It's a stick car and I'm not building any boost like the auto cars are. So my thought were if I could spray a small shot of N2O off the line in 1st gear until I get to full boost would that work? And how much nitrous can I safely run??

You'd be better off with a two-step/ launch control kind of deal. Gives you some nice anti-lag and you can launch at the same rpm every time.

Not sure if anyone offers that yet for the Ecobeast

You can run Nitro if you want, wouldn't push more than 100 shot though.

Bomicino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
Accessport has it. Not to be rude, but it's confusing when someone suggests nitrous and going to the track, but doesn't know about what's available for the platform.

OP
OP
VicRattlehead

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
Ok. I know what the ap has. There's a problem with it though. Here's how the rules are written for my normal class.

...Electronically Controlled, Pneumatic, electric, hydraulic, etc. shifters prohibited. Trans-brakes and 2-steps prohibited. This is a foot break only class....

So no l can't use the ap to do that. The shootout however I can use a 2step/launch control and will be using something.

Bomicino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
Got it. I haven't ready anywhere about someone using nitrous yet. Maybe you could be the first. I might go to rt66 on the 29th, any plans on going?

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
This is a foot break only class....
1. You need to find a class where your car fits better...appears to be an auto trans class.
2. I would disregard any rules written by someone who doesn't know the difference between 'brake' and 'break'.

It's also confusing when you start the thread about one event, then later on say you need to meet rules for some other class, btw.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
My guess is a 50 shot would spool the hell out of that turbo, and instantly.

OP
OP
VicRattlehead

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
1. You need to find a class where your car fits better...appears to be an auto trans class.
2. I would disregard any rules written by someone who doesn't know the difference between 'brake' and 'break'.

It's also confusing when you start the thread about one event, then later on say you need to meet rules for some other class, btw.
Nice

1- the SuperStang class is designed for all mustangs 05+ so my car fits just fine thank you very little. I don't remember if I saw any auto cars at the last race.
2- I got nothing on that. It's copied right from the rules page on the website.

As for the shootout vs the class I will still be running the class next season so I still need something. I do plan to make a rules change request but not relying on them to actually change the rule.

Biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport
Accessport has it. Not to be rude, but it's confusing when someone suggests nitrous and going to the track, but doesn't know about what's available for the platform.
Was this directed at me?

If it was, I don't see how suggesting 2-step is confusing. I don't need to know who - if anyone - offers it currently to tell him it's the best option for spooling up his turbo off the line.

If it wasn't please disregard my sass :p

OP
OP
VicRattlehead

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
Got it. I haven't ready anywhere about someone using nitrous yet. Maybe you could be the first. I might go to rt66 on the 29th, any plans on going?
66 on the 29th. Is that the racewarz thing? I'll be there. Dunno if the car will depends on a few things.

Sponsored

Bomicino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
Biff I'll disregard your sass. Vic, yes, I'm planning on making my first passes on my car there.

OP
OP
VicRattlehead

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
Biff I'll disregard your sass. Vic, yes, I'm planning on making my first passes on my car there.
Well shoot me a pm if you do go for sure I'll find ya and say hey

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
so if two steps are prohibited, there is a way to soft redline the car with the electronic throttle and probably with some messing with the cam timing, get the turbo slightly spooled.
IMO a shot of nitrous to spool the turbo is also going to spin the tires. As Mr Poopshitz said, you need to find a class where your car fits better, or talk to Adam at MAPerformance about a tune without getting the traditional anti-lag sound.

OP
OP
VicRattlehead

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
Spinning tires isn't going to be an issue. I won't be using the stock tires next time.

And why is everyone trying to get me to find another class??

Here find me another class

http://www.nmradigital.com/rules_purses/

Disregard the last one that's a one race only shootout

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
Spinning tires isn't going to be an issue. I won't be using the stock tires next time.

And why is everyone trying to get me to find another class??

Here find me another class

http://www.nmradigital.com/rules_purses/

Disregard the last one that's a one race only shootout
this thread is like school on a Saturday.......no class

:lol:
Sponsored