Sponsored

Next gen Camaro supposedly being canceled (all threads merged)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just couldn't find that happy medium between performance and practicality (for the segment). As others have stated, competition is good. This decision hurts the entire segment in the grand scheme of things.
Most would argue that the Mustang largely fits that description.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ahw somebodies pissy because I've been calling doom on the wanna be supercar and was right.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The next-generation Ford Mustang is expected to arrive in 2021 or after. Dodge is also believed to be working on next-generation Challenger that will arrive sometime after 2022. Chevy will attempt to keep pace with its rivals with the sixth-generation Camaro by applying heavy updates to the car.

(A previous version of this story indicated the seventh-generation Chevrolet Camaro had been cancelled, but we received word that it has actually been delayed until further notice.)

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/06...th-generation-chevrolet-camaro/#ixzz5s17oMKDm

Maybe GM will hang the camaro name on the blazer for it 60th anniversary

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I wonder how much the rear blind spot issues hurt sales?

I test drove one a few years ago and the rear blind spots were pretty bad. I have also heard published reviews mentioning the same issue.

If you want the ZL1 for the performance, I could see someone over looking any blind spot issues in favor of the Hp/Torque.

I would think the person looking for a economy sports car would test drive the Camaro, them opt for something different so they could negotiate traffic with ease... Compared to the Camaro.

Just my thoughts with NO scientific basis.
Ive said it a million times. It’s the greatest car. NOBODY WANTS! The interior sucks. The blinds spots are the worst I seen on anything short of a 71Mustang. I had a 5th gen Camaro. And sold it for those very reasons. To many compromises to deal with. I believe GM will do what Dodge has done with the Challanger. And Nissan has done with the 370z. They’ll ride the 6th gen out. For another five years. And most likely cancel it. But with generational preferences. And government regulations. I believe the Mustang and the Corvette. Will be the last man standing soon.

Deleted member 35644

Maybe GM will hang the camaro name on the blazer for it 60th anniversary
That may be one of the saddest, bleakest statements I've seen lately. They angered enough people by sticking the Corvette name on a mid-engine car that they could've easily enough named ANYTHING ELSE. If they're this self-destructive, maybe they should be allowed to die.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's funny all the threads on the cancelation of camaro have gotten move to the general automotive non 6th gen Mustang section. Somebodies not happy

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's funny all the threads on the cancelation of camaro have gotten move to the general automotive non 6th gen Mustang section. Somebodies not happy

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ive said it a million times. It’s the greatest car. NOBODY WANTS! The interior sucks. The blinds spots are the worst I seen on anything short of a 71Mustang. I had a 5th gen Camaro. And sold it for those very reasons. To many compromises to deal with. I believe GM will do what Dodge has done with the Challanger. And Nissan has done with the 370z. They’ll ride the 6th gen out. For another five years. And most likely cancel it. But with generational preferences. And government regulations. I believe the Mustang and the Corvette. Will be the last man standing soon.
I think you're right> GM should probably consider continuing the c7 along with the c8 Corvette.