tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
Got my window sticker today! Blend date 27 January.
Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah I'm hoping when I ring Ford in June they are still on track for August build for me

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
I just got off the phone to Ford Australia after enquiring about NSC (I would have tried the Facebook option but I'm not on Facebook). Anyway, I was told that orders up to June or July were on their system (public relations?), but after that it was with the marketing team. I really couldn't follow it well. Anyway, the person is going to forward my details to marketing (!). Nobody had my email address or phone number. I was told to ask my dealer (Sunshine Ford, Southport) for the NSC as it is allocated to them by Ford (what part of Ford, I don't know - as far as I'm concerned as a customer, Ford is Ford). So have emailed dealer. Basically I don't even know anything about where my car is at or likely delivery date. I ordered 4 September 2015 and was told July/August, but that looks impossible. I am going to be lucky to get it by Christmas.

I was recently told (about a month ago) that body type and transmission was locked in, but I could change colour up to March. So not sure what that means in terms of build. After looking at this thread, it all seems more or less random.

Sorry for the whinge, but I know I'm not alone.

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correction to above, I spoke to [FONT=&quot]Ford Customer Relationship Centre.
[/FONT]

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I just got off the phone to Ford Australia after enquiring about NSC
If you want I'm happy to message Ford Aus Facebook if you PM me your NSC?

They're pretty quick to reply, and don't apologise - the communication is a joke

Reactions: MC

Sponsored

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Even with an NSC number they cant give you any accurate information about your car since the build is so far away, id sit back and relax for about half a year before hastling about NSC numbers.

All you will do is get stressed and frustrated at all the conflicting info you receive from ford.

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want I'm happy to message Ford Aus Facebook if you PM me your NSC?

They're pretty quick to reply, and don't apologise - the communication is a joke
Thanks, but I don't have my NSC (I'm presuming that's not on the contract, which i have at home - at work currently). That's what I was trying to get. Let's see if my dealer gets back to me.

Who'd ever thought I'd need to join Facebook to find out when a car might be built/arrive :crazy:.

I think ordering a Mustang is interfering with my productivity and general well being!

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Thanks, but I don't have my NSC
Ah my bad. I just called my dealer Wednesday and the receptionist looked it up for me

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
I just got off the phone to Ford Australia after enquiring about NSC (I would have tried the Facebook option but I'm not on Facebook). Anyway, I was told that orders up to June or July were on their system (public relations?), but after that it was with the marketing team. I really couldn't follow it well. Anyway, the person is going to forward my details to marketing (!). Nobody had my email address or phone number. I was told to ask my dealer (Sunshine Ford, Southport) for the NSC as it is allocated to them by Ford (what part of Ford, I don't know - as far as I'm concerned as a customer, Ford is Ford). So have emailed dealer. Basically I don't even know anything about where my car is at or likely delivery date. I ordered 4 September 2015 and was told July/August, but that looks impossible. I am going to be lucky to get it by Christmas.

I was recently told (about a month ago) that body type and transmission was locked in, but I could change colour up to March. So not sure what that means in terms of build. After looking at this thread, it all seems more or less random.

we all share your pain and scars brother

Yellow GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
NSC wont give you build date anyway. What you really need is VIN.
As I mentioned before, I only got my VIN a month before the build.
So just try to chill and relax for now :cool:

Reactions: MC

Sponsored

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even with an NSC number they cant give you any accurate information about your car since the build is so far away, id sit back and relax for about half a year before hastling about NSC numbers.

All you will do is get stressed and frustrated at all the conflicting info you receive from ford.
Good advice, I was being patiently but after seeing somebody who ordered in early/mid-August getting an NSC, I got into a minor panic that my dealer hadn't submitted the order.

I'd like the car to arrive as soon as possible, who wouldn't, but more than that I'd like to have a reasonably clear arrival date as I need to wonder about what to do with the car it's replacing, i.e., whether to get some things fixed, when to get rid of it, etc. I was happy with the July/August I was originally told, but now I'm not sure.

Anyway, I should relax and learn from what others are doing with theirs.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Good advice, I was being patiently but after seeing somebody who ordered in early/mid-August getting an NSC, I got into a minor panic that my dealer hadn't submitted the order.

I'd like the car to arrive as soon as possible, who wouldn't, but more than that I'd like to have a reasonably clear arrival date as I need to wonder about what to do with the car it's replacing, i.e., whether to get some things fixed, when to get rid of it, etc. I was happy with the July/August I was originally told, but now I'm not sure.

Anyway, I should relax and learn from what others are doing with theirs.
Yeah as mentioned above we have all gone through this exact process.
Just as an example:
I ordered april 15.
Dealt with 4 sales people who never rang or gave me any info. Every time I rang my dealer I was told 'x' sales person 'is no longer with the company' which id reply with something like 'no fking wonder'

This repeated itself for about 8 months

Until around december where i actually got my NSC code.
And even then that only 'indicates' a build month kind of sort of.
If this works the same as how some people 'indicate' on the road that could mean a build date in any direction around march.

And even then there is a 3 month wait for the thing to get here.

Not worth the stress mate, if you ordered september, start looking for info in like June/July, I know it sucks, we are all keen to have our cars ASAP but some things you just cant get around.

Unless you have a radio show??? thats the only thing that seems to help !

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I ordered 4 September 2015 and was told July/August, but that looks impossible. I am going to be lucky to get it by Christmas.

Sorry, but I think you need to settle down a bit. :D

It's "only" been 4 months since you ordered. Most of us have had to wait a good 6 to 7 months before receiving the first email from Ford about our cars waiting to be built.

After that we get a VIN - some got that easily from their dealer and others got it from Ford either by calling CRC or through Facebook.

Once you get your VIN you can track it by ETIS and then await your Window Sticker. By this time 8 or 9 months have passed.

In my case, I ordered 09 March 2015. I received no email or phone call from Ford as they had an incorrect email address and phone contact for me. I got my VIN via Facebook in early November and my car was built late November.

At the moment it's on the Tamarlane and I'm getting excited.

I think I've been pretty fortunate with the timing of things.

All I can suggest is be patient and give it another couple of months to see how it goes.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
It's "only" been 4 months since you ordered. Most of us have had to wait a good 6 to 7 months before receiving the first email from Ford about our cars waiting to be built.

After that we get a VIN - some got that easily from their dealer and others got it from Ford either by calling CRC or through Facebook.

Once you get your VIN you can track it by ETIS and then await your Window Sticker. By this time 8 or 9 months have passed.
That was the sort of thing I was after when I asked:
How long from now should I start getting worried about no contact from Ford/Dealer? :)
So, thanks :)

May order - I'm at 8 months so far with no contact at all.
I sent Ford Aus a FaceBook message today and I might try my dealer after Australia Day.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
May order - I'm at 8 months so far with no contact at all.
I sent Ford Aus a FaceBook message today and I might try my dealer after Australia Day.
I too was getting anxious. I had received no contact from Ford and after the advice from this Forum I contacted Ford Australia on Facebook.

I had a 4-digit Customer no. on the receipt from Sinclair Ford so I gave them that and the date I paid the deposit. Within 2 days they came back with my VIN!

After that Deysha was very helpful with updates.

I went in to see my salesman and he confirmed my VIN was correct; he also showed me a Confidential Dealer Bulletin which informed sales staff the VIN could only be released once the car had already been built. He decided to follow that Bulletin as he thought there was a lot of discrepancies in the information being obtained from different channels.

I decided to look at it from his point of view as he's sold a LOT of Mustangs.

He also found out that Sinclair Ford had the wrong email address and contact no. for me!

All's good though - he's been very forthcoming with updates since the car was built.

I think in your case you're getting to the stage where you should be hearing something so send a message by Facebook and also speak to your dealer, he should have the VIN or be close to getting it.
Sponsored