NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
NewMustang’s GT

Thought I start my own thread with pictures and updates that I am doing or planning to do.

Having always wanted a Mustang, but the thought of the hassle of importing one and the non-existing warranty had put me off the idea for years until Ford announced that they were going to bring it to the Europe, officially!

Well, that sealed that deal!

As some of you probably already know quite well, I placed my order on the 18/03/2015 and the car that was allocated to my order was produced on 06/05/2015 but was constantly delayed and the last I heard was it is still stuck at the Emissions Plant in Flat Rock. It does not seem that it will ever come to the European shores. Ford has unfortunately not explained what has happened to it and I don’t think we will ever know. :shrug:

Anyway, after a bit of noise and pressure from my side on my dealer and Ford DE, they together managed to find me another car, within a few days, to the exact same spec and colour! The amazing thing is that thanks to Deysha, my dealer and a few others, I have managed to get a full “story” of this car:

Ordered On: 15/01/2015
Built: 19/05/2015
Awaiting Shipment: 19/05/2015
Gate Release: 27/05/2015
In Transit: 05/06/2015 Railcar # ETTX902883 Ramp 51 Flat Rock
In Transit Arr Oakwood: 06/06/2015 Oakwood
In Transit Dep Oakwood : 08/06/2015 Oakwood
In Transit Passing Fostoria, OH 11/06/2015 Fostoria
In Transit Passing Bedford, OH 11/06/2015 Cleveland
In Transit Passing Conway, PA 12/06/2015 Pittsburgh
In Transit Passing Altoona, PA 12/06/2015 Altoona
In Transit Arr Enola, PA 12/06/2015 Harrisburg
In Transit Dep Enola, PA 13/06/2015 Harrisburg
In Transit Arrived Baltimore 14/06/2015 Baltimore Port (arr at 1144 Hrs)
Shipped Baltimore: 20/07/2015
Vessel: Ivory Arrow Journey # 89A
Arrived Bremerhaven: 04/08/2015
Arrived Dealer: 05/08/2015
Delivered: 17/08/2015

The only drawback with my delivery was it took quite some time for the car’s paperwork to be delivered to the dealer. These papers are printed by the Government btw…. :crazy:

On my collection, a very high ranking Ford guy was there and had come only to participate in my handover and it was this guy, together with my dealer, who sorted me out with another car! Seriously, I could not be happier!! :first:

I also received some goodies from both dealer and the Ford guy. Thank You! :thumbsup:

But now I have it and enjoy every minute of driving this Pony!

Like so many others, I am planning to mod my car. At least a little. :D

Inside/Outside
Interior & Trunk Lamps - LED (installed)
OEM Rubber Mats (installed)
Wallpaper (changed/installed)
Cargo Net for Trunk (installed)
Tinted Windows, from B-Pillar (installed)
OEM Strut Brace (installed)
Redline Quicklift Elite Hood Strut-Kit (installed)
Silver Paddles (installed)
Osram Cool Blue Intense (Parking Lights) (Installed)
Osram LEDrivingFog 101 (installed)
ProClip Dash Mount & Brodit Phone Holder (installed)
GT350 Steering Wheel (installed)
Rear Reflectors - Smoked Vinyl Tint (installed)
BBK Cat-Back Exhaust (installed) :headbang:
Eibach PRO-Kit lowering (25/20mm) (installed) :headbang:
Stripes - double matt black or possibly anthracite matt (not yet decided)

Wheels
HRE FF01 20” in Fog (installed)
Front: 20x9.5 ET35 265/35/20 Michelin Pilot Sport
Rear: 20x10.5 ET45 285/35/20 Michelin Pilot Sport

Pictures of the beauty.....

Please note the licence plate holder.

My dealer very kindly installed my Strut Brace. OEM Ford Racing.

Again, same holder as the back.

OEM Rubber Mats

Some of the goodies I received. The red model car came from Ford DE. :thumbsup:

For our friends asking about the lights. This is the DRL's.

Parking Lights. It does look like the indicator lights are on, but no, they are not.

In the dark, it certainly looks "American".... :eyebulge:

Well, really crappy pics of the lights in the lovely weather we had today...this is the main lights being on. No, the turning signal is not on. They light up!

The front tri-bars do reflect that light very nicely.

Ambient Lights inside.

The experience of driving a Mustang is fantastic. It’s such an icon that just everyone knows….the small windows, low roofline, huge long bonnet - a classic! :headbonk:

Opening up that door and getting in, pressing the button to start and hearing all 421 Horses starting up and listening while they all settle down to a very low burble is just amazing! Ok, I have had other V8 cars in my life and also driven more of them (and V12’s) that I can count, THIS is still something very special and can’t be compared with. :headbang:

An interesting observation, is that on an automatic as you select Drive and the gears are engaged, that deep burble becomes even deeper! Lovely!!

Another very interestesting observation is the fact that everyone is looking at you when you drive the Mustang. :eyebulge:

Pushing the pedal even gently makes it gallop…. :headbonk::hail::eyebulge::thumbsup:

The sheer power available is crazy. In the wet, it becomes very dangerous. In fact, my dealer even recommended me to switch on the Ice/Snow mode in order to hold all them ponnies back! :D

The inside, for me, is great. Low seat, high dash. A true sports car. Seats are very comfortable to my frame (medium built, 1.8m tall of Scandinavian Viking blood). The stereo is awesome, navigation works perfectly so far, air conditioning is very powerful and rest I will learn about as I drive this baby.

These are just my first impressions of today, but you will NOT be dissapointed! :thumbsup:

The wife and I have already planned a weekend trip to Mosel in just a few days. Pics of that trip will also be posted here.

Patrik
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Congratulations, what a beauty!! Brackets front and back look very neat and tidy. Enjoy the car mate and thanks for the pics and keep them coming :cheers:

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Nice man, it looks simply amazing, I warned you about that torque in the wet, though but be prepared for some smiles in the dry!

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Beautiful! And thanks for the pics of the lights :) Really miss the tribar led :-/

Please check if you can disable DRL in settings menu!

Sponsored

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful! And thanks for the pics of the lights :) Really miss the tribar led :-/

Please check if you can disable DRL in settings menu!

Thanks.

I have checked and no, you can not....

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :brokenheart:

Sorry.....but thinking about it. You can switch the DRL's off, but the "smallest" amount of lights you will get are the Parking Lights. You could always remove the bulbs I guess.

Personally I like driving with the lights on. People can see you!

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Nice man, it looks simply amazing, I warned you about that torque in the wet, though but be prepared for some smiles in the dry!
I had my first gentle warning in the wet this evening as well, will definitely try out the snow/wet mode next time. Just wondering if we can engage the different modes while driving or do we change it when not driving?

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Looks lovely mate. I'm grinning at your enthusiasm and joy on finally getting your car. Have fun.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
I had my first gentle warning in the wet this evening as well, will definitely try out the snow/wet mode next time. Just wondering if we can engage the different modes while driving or do we change it when not driving?
I tried. Yes, you can :)

Looks lovely mate. I'm grinning at your enthusiasm and joy on finally getting your car. Have fun.
Thank You. I am sure yours will be with you soon enough. :thumbsup:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Stunning. Even love the rubber boot liner! :thumbsup:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Sorry.....but thinking about it. You can switch the DRL's off, but the "smallest" amount of lights you will get are the Parking Lights. You could always remove the bulbs I guess.

Personally I like driving with the lights on. People can see you!
Yes but removing the bulbs will cause some annoying warning I guess. Parking lights are small and not so bright ok, but not all cars have drl so we can drive without it. When I want to be seen, I can switch on the headlights.
Those drl in fog lights are very disappointing.. Ford removed one of distinctive aspect of the front of the car.

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Beautiful... Man I really like the front spoiler on yours vs. the factory ones here. And what is that round circle on the front bumper? Some kind of sensor or towing pop-out?
Sponsored