Sponsored

Newbie AutoX question

JimInTexas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, Orange Fury, PP1, 10AT, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Safe/Smart, 401A, GT350 Black Spoiler
So I just completed my first autoX event and I registered with the number 55, class NFS (novice, F Street). I am thinking of ordering vinyl magnetic number and class decals so I don't have to deal with the painter's tape. Does my number stay locked in so I don't have to change my number on future events, and how long on average do people stay in the novice class before they move up? I don't anticipate any mods that will take my Mustang GT out of the FS class anytime soon. Thanks.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So I just completed my first autoX event and I registered with the number 55, class NFS (novice, F Street). I am thinking of ordering vinyl magnetic number and class decals so I don't have to deal with the painter's tape. Does my number stay locked in so I don't have to change my number on future events, and how long on average do people stay in the novice class before they move up? I don't anticipate any mods that will take my Mustang GT out of the FS class anytime soon. Thanks.
Each group is going to be different, but with the org I usually run with, if you are a member at the start of the season, you can keep your number throughout the season.

My advice would be to buy the "digital" style magnetic numbers so you can turn them into anything you need.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
My region, members get to reserve a number and everyone else is first come first serve, but numbers only have to be unique within a class. For regional or national drivers, a lot of them try for numbers in the 90s - 99, 98, etc because that those events bigger numbers start later and 100+ is reserved for double driver cars.

We kick people out of Novice after 6 events, or if they win the Novice field that day.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
It's so nice the AZ region doesn't enforce visible numbers.
Sponsored