daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
UPR and Lund killing it! Lund is such an underrated Ecoboost tuner, I am glad it seems these past few weeks we are seeing more and more threads showing his dominance.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
This is extremely good stuff for the Ecoboost! Its good to see Lund out there dominating with their tuning. Congrats to all involved!

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Speedvideo did a live stream of it but I just got a copy of it and I will be getting it up this evening or tomorrow.

UPR and Lund killing it! Lund is such an underrated Ecoboost tuner, I am glad it seems these past few weeks we are seeing more and more threads showing his dominance.
Yes sir. And it's only going to get faster here soon.

This is extremely good stuff for the Ecoboost! Its good to see Lund out there dominating with their tuning. Congrats to all involved!
Thanks guys!! Mark did wonders with yours this past weekend going 10s which is great to see!:cheers:

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Here is the video. My apologies for the quality. uploading it online kills the quality.

Last edited:

Sponsored

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Which size EFR turbo is being used?

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
That's really moving for a 2.3L turbo engine in a 3600 lb car! Supposedly there is a 900 HP EB out there, I forget who was doing the build on it and I think there was a 1200 HP EB research project (had the engine out on an engine dyno), but not sure how either of those turned out or if they are even active.

Seems to me that around 700 hp seems to be the reasonable limit on a built short block without going to extreme modifications, at which point it would seem more sensible to do a custom engine project by throwing in a built 3.5L EB engine for a track car or a whippled / TT Coyote for a drag car, there's plenty of room with that spacious V8 engine bay for all kinds of crazy stuff :-)

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious , how much boost do you need to run to produce this much power?
I can see on a full motor build going 25-30lb but with stock engine I would be worried above 24-25lb's, even with good fuel.
I am running 24-27 PSI reliably so far, on 93 pump gas and methanol. No problems.

I have not seen alot of big turbo EBMs blowing up on stock internals, only a minute few who had other issues, like MAP during extreme tuning etc I think they had a fuel system failure or something near the end, something with the software used to tune it got wonky, but nothing specific to stress failures in general.

Sponsored
OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I am really looking at running Nitrous in the near future. Very impressive.

With the proper set up and great tuning like we have with Lund Racing. It's great.

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
I am running 24-27 PSI reliably so far, on 93 pump gas and methanol. No problems.

I have not seen alot of big turbo EBMs blowing up on stock internals, only a minute few who had other issues, like MAP during extreme tuning etc I think they had a fuel system failure or something near the end, something with the software used to tune it got wonky, but nothing specific to stress failures in general.
Ok, thanks for info, yeh with bigger turbo your powerband and TQ is much higher rpm, which helps with low speed pressure on lower end.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the proper set up and great tuning like we have with Lund Racing. It's great.
When y'all ran 10's with the stock turbo has me considering that route down the road. Maybe with the vargas stage 2 unit as well.

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
When y'all ran 10's with the stock turbo has me considering that route down the road. Maybe with the vargas stage 2 unit as well.

Mark just set the stock motor record with the Vargas when he went high 10s this past weekend/

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mark just set the stock motor record with the Vargas when he went high 10s this past weekend/
Imagine that turbo with a 150 shot on top of it :D
Sponsored