Sponsored

New vehicle - "key cut" tag and printed "Mach 1 Supplement" - do they come with car?

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
After purchase of my Mach 1 via Granger, I was looking through the owner's manual, but noticed it didnt come with either the "key cut" label you normally received, nor a printed copy of the Mach 1 supplement.

I contacted Granger, but they didn't know anything about the "key cut" label, and I didn't ask about the printed supplement. I am not as concerned with the printed supplement as I know I can download the PDF, but I would have liked to have the key cut label.

Has everyone else received these two items, or are they not included?

thanks
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
OP
OP
cheeser

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vutisdis? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️
Its the tag or label that typically comes with new vehicles with info on how to have a replacement key cut…don’t need a key to copy. I have typically seen this via a little metal tag or plasti.

Its shown on page 59 of the manual: Note: Your vehicle keys came with a security label that provides important key cut information.

53D06996-9CF3-4F01-9245-CA01211D6C3F.jpeg

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Vutisdis? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️
Page 59 of the manual. To answer OP, no mine did not come with the key cut label either. I got the supplemental manual though plus other items, such as the tire warranty booklet, a quick instruction manual, various XirusXM info material, and the case for the manual. It was bundled together as a parts number inside the plastic that held the floor mats.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I have never heard of the key cut label. Where would it normally be, in the leather packet with the owners manual and the other things?

Sponsored

OP
OP
cheeser

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Page 59 of the manual. To answer OP, no mine did not come with the key cut label either. I got the supplemental manual though plus other items, such as the tire warranty booklet, a quick instruction manual, various XirusXM info material, and the case for the manual. It was bundled together as a parts number inside the plastic that held the floor mats.
Odd…I received all of the other manuals as they were still in the sealed bag, but lacking the Mach 1 supplemen.

Looks like I should call Ford to see if they can send the supplement, and ask about the security label.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Odd…I received all of the other manuals as they were still in the sealed bag, but lacking the Mach 1 supplemen.

Looks like I should call Ford to see if they can send the supplement, and ask about the security label.
most likely someone at the factory picked up the wrong part number. This is the part number if it helps

ABE9B2E9-9D85-443D-9FCF-4EA5DB408B4F.jpeg

OP
OP
cheeser

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
most likely someone at the factory picked up the wrong part number. This is the part number if it helps

Thanks…you solved mystery #2….wrong part for me. Guess lll have to call Ford.

A1085109-95CA-42B5-8761-7424D2D8EC18.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
cheeser

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After calling Ford, they asked me to contact the dealer about these two issues. As a result, I contacted Granger @Jay at Granger about the missing printed Mach 1 Supplement and the key "Security Label" to see what they will do to obtain these missing items and send to me.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The key tag - IIRC, isn’t that a metal tag that usually comes on the key rings with the fobs? Or is taped to the packet fulls of documents signed when the car was bought new??

OP
OP
cheeser

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The key tag - IIRC, isn’t that a metal tag that usually comes on the key rings with the fobs? Or is taped to the packet fulls of documents signed when the car was bought new??
With past vehicles, I have seen the metal tag with the keys.

In this case per the owners manual on page 59, it looks like a printed paper / plastic label. All I know it wasn’t with the key fobs, manuals, or paperwork (Electronic).

I’m curious if/how other Mach 1 owners have received theirs…probably the same for any new Fords though. I realize these are a minor things, but still like to see them as they were to be included with the car.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Mach 1 supplement is inserted into the standard printed manual as additional pages throughout the book (European version). I didn't get any security label with key cut.
Sponsored