new to me 2015 hardtop Mustang

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
The radio comes on but no stations will come in- just static. I understand the antenna is supposed to be in the back glass w/the 3rd brake light, but where would the wire running to it be?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The radio comes on but no stations will come in- just static. I understand the antenna is supposed to be in the back glass w/the 3rd brake light, but where would the wire running to it be?
The antenna is the bubble you see on your roof (exterior). There is no antenna embedded in the rear glass that I'm aware of for the S550's.

Pull down the headliner inside the car at the back glass and see if you can feel the antenna being plugged in. The headliner is held to the roof for the most part by magnets. Just don't bend it in half.

OP
OP
burrpenick

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
The antenna is the bubble you see on your roof (exterior). There is no antenna embedded in the rear glass that I'm aware of for the S550's.

Pull down the headliner inside the car at the back glass and see if you can feel the antenna being plugged in. The headliner is held to the roof for the most part by magnets. Just don't bend it in half.
thanks, its good to know how the headliner comes loose, but another thread on here stated that unless my car had satellite radio that there w/be no hump- that its in the 3rd brake light, and the convertibles is on the rear quarter panel.......
Sponsored