New SYNC is available to download

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
I updated mine in my Raptor and GT350. Haven't checked the Shelby yet, but I lost live traffic in the Raptor.
Sponsored

OP
OP
lenFeb

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I updated mine in my Raptor and GT350. Haven't checked the Shelby yet, but I lost live traffic in the Raptor.
I think, if I'm not mistaken, the live traffic depends on Sirius subscription not on the SYNC upgrade.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
I updated the GT350 today and still have traffic. The GT is a 19 the Raptor is a 20. So that doesn't make sense. Weird.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Does the update happen automatically? I was able to finally find some fuel and drove mine yesterday however, I did not notice anything nor did I see any messages.

However, I usually have my phone connected, so I was more curious on the notice since I do not know the layout as I was not too familiar with it.
You have to be connected to a wifi source, not the bluetooth of your phone. Then you can do the updates over the air.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk

Sponsored

Nelsond003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donny
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350. 1965 Shelby Cobra roadster
I just checked mine and it said my 3.0 was the most current???

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
First, my thanks to @lenFeb for advising about the update availability. I only wish update notifications could automatically be sent via FordPass or other avenues, but maybe that's possible and I'm just not aware of it, not being computer-savvy.

Like many others, although I successfully installed update 21020 into my Sync 3.4, multiple efforts to report this back failed each time. Taking a cue from @Caballus posted above, rather than calling the Ford Customer Relations 1-800-392-3673 number, I initiated a "chat" dialog to address the problem. Here is part of what the Ford representative told me, quoting from my printed transcript of the chat:

"Currently, owners are not able to confirm SYNC 3 software updates on the owner website. You should connect to an available Wi-Fi network and the update will be confirmed once a key cycle is completed. A Wi-Fi signal strength of 4 bars (full strength) with reliable internet service will typically allow SYNC 3 to confirm the update. It may take up to a month to confirm the update due to network conditions/connectivity". (Italics mine).

Ref: the "key cycle", although I've seen this addressed in other postings, I'll repeat what I was told:

"Here are the instructions for the key cycle you will need to perform. 1) Turn the vehicle completely off. The vehicle engine should not be running and the vehicle should not be in accessory mode. Many newer vehicles will keep the radio on, even when the car is turned off, until a door is opened. 2) Open the driver's door and lock the door. 3) Close the driver's door. 4) Wait two minutes and ensure the radio display display turns off completely. 5) Restart the vehicle."

Since I was surprised to learn about the "up to a month" long delay to confirm the update, and had not noted it elsewhere, I wanted to share that info here. I admittedly don't understand the part about "connecting to an available Wi-Fi network". However that is done, what's the point if it will still take "up to a month" to confirm the update? Instead, why not just try to report the update at the end of June after signing in to Ford and plugging your flash drive into your laptop, as would normally be done.

Alternatively, if that doesn't work, what @Caballus advised above about future updates accounting for any that may have fallen behind is good to know. It would appear the main thing is to know if/when updates are available, as lenFeb did, to be able to apply the update. So, "to report, or not to report" - apparently not a big deal either way.

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
Guys, as an update to my post (#22) above, today I was able to report my prior update of Sync 3v3.4 in my Shelby to Build 21020 by inserting my flash drive into my laptop and uploading the XML file to my Ford account. I received a message back indicating that the update was successfully reported. It appears whatever the previous problem was has been resolved, if anyone else wants to now report their update.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Yes, I had called Ford Support, and they did say thy were having problems with the reporting.

OP
OP
lenFeb

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I also had an issue with uploading xml file when I first installed upgrade.
Just now went back to upload xml file to confirm update and it said: " Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.21020) is up to date". So, I guess the system checked over Wi-Fi without me uploading the xml file.
Sponsored