NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

brock2621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
I had the same problem. The Ford site says to use StuffIt Expander which you can get from the app store and that creates the right folder structure. I just did the update and it worked fine. Did a master reset first. Make sure to keep the car running till it does both parts of the update. It pops up a message saying its done sync restarts at least once during the update.
That was it! Used StuffIt and worked perfectly! Upgraded from the early release to the new one while driving for 15 mins or so. Went fast. Thanks!

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Installed 17011 over 16280 this morning. Went really fast and no issues so far.
nav or non nav? I cant get anywhere with my nav car updating from the leaked version to the official, Im not gonna stress it too much, I dont have any true bugs to worry about with the leaked version Im running now

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium
My car is not detecting the pendrive. Tried both USB ports.
Pendrive works fine in the laptop. It is a 32GB USB 2.0 pendrive with just Sync my Ride folder and autoinstall file.

The USB ports in the car charge the phones fine. Never used it for media so far. Is something wrong with pendrive or USB connection in the car? Any thoughts?

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
[MENTION=29871]K'stang[/MENTION] You may want to check that it is formatted as FAT32. This should be in the properties. If your laptop is picking it up find but the car is not that would be my first guess. Next would be try something smaller like 4gb in the car and see if it reads it. It may be to large of a flashdrive

I noticed on the initial upgrade page it says you need a 32gb flash drive but then once you get to the download page I think it says you need a flashdrive with at least 2gb of space. I am not sure if this is a typo or simply just two different engineers writing the instructions for different webpages and a miscommunication.

Edit: It said that when I initially downloaded the file but now it says 2gb in both places for me so ford must be actively updating the pages.

Side note: [MENTION=20679]HoosierDaddy[/MENTION] I completely agree with your guess of the $ causing a bug. I had a job working with a team developing "smart home" devices. I remember specifically that spaces and special characters in wifi passwords were a massive pain for them to deal with. I don't remember the exact reasoning unfortunately, as I wasn't doing any coding myself just alpha testing.

Sponsored

brock2621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Pendrive works fine in the laptop. It is a 32GB USB 2.0 pendrive with just Sync my Ride folder and autoinstall file.

The USB ports in the car charge the phones fine. Never used it for media so far. Is something wrong with pendrive or USB connection in the car? Any thoughts?
I actually thought the same thing, nothing happened for 5 minutes or so when I plugged it in, then after driving down the road a bit it popped up and said "installing update." There was no indication it was doing anything until then

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55

The first time I plugged it in it indexed all the files. I then had to unplug it and plug it back in for it to start updating.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
It may also just have to install the drivers and not show any indication of this? kinda like how when you plug a new mouse into a computer you can't use it right away. Just speculating though.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
The $ is a pretty [special, touchy, tricky] character in the Unix world. QNX is Unix based.

There's no doubt it was easier to eliminate the possibility of its use than predict all of the ways it would be misused (intentionally or unintentionally).

The weird thing is I never had to reenter my wifi passkey. Of course I didn't reset my system first either. I don't know why folks are doing that.

1024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok still no dice for me yet... I ended up calling sync and he stated that the car will update over wi-fi starting today. I thought something was wrong when I saw software updating and the usb wasn't plugged in. We did a soft reboot for good measure and it appears the car is updating over wi-fi. We will see in a half hour or so. Another good thing is the car doesn't have be running through this method.

Oh...he also stated that you should use a 32 GB formatted to exfat. Of course I informed him the website stated differently and he proceeded to explain the new sync technology loves this format. I know its weird because a lot of you guys have had success with different formats and gb's.

Sponsored

1024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Finally,

Did it over wi-fi and my phone stayed programmed as well. Did you maps take a while to load?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone used a 16GB usb stick?

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Id hate to reset all of my settings... is everyone performing the master reset first? I didn't see that as part of the procedure.
no u dont have to. i didnt.
Sponsored