Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
here's another possibility, sounds dumb but it has happened, I tried a sync 3 app on my daily phone and it was acting funny, so I tried out the same app on a new phone that wasnt paired with sync at all, and it worked flawlessly, so I did a factory reset on the phone that was causing glitches. most times its the phone that cause issues, then cable, then sync3.:cool:
Just tried the fiance's phone after work yesterday, but it reacted the same way as my phone. I may consider trying a factory phone reset, although rather annoying, but it is not looking promising.
Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
So how has the single USB hubs in stock ready to ship?

Also, do we know when this update will be official and hit the head units over the WiFi update option in the car?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
So how has the single USB hubs in stock ready to ship?

Also, do we know when this update will be official and hit the head units over the WiFi update option in the car?
I ordered one from Tasca on Wednesday and it was delivered today.

No word on the official release date, or if it will be available over wifi.

BarefooTonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Just installed on my 16 GT PP followed the tutorial and bought the single usb as referenced and everything works like a charm both CarPlay (team iPhone) but AA works as well:thumbsup:

Thanks for doing this you guys rock:headbang:

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man I must be one of the few unlucky ones. Just going to wait until its officially released, so Ford can spend their time figuring out the problem. Already waited this long for it.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Man I must be one of the few unlucky ones. Just going to wait until its officially released, so Ford can spend their time figuring out the problem. Already waited this long for it.
are you connecting directly to the phone or through a case? ...like a battery extender Mophie type setup.

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
are you connecting directly to the phone or through a case? ...like a battery extender Mophie type setup.
Through the phone. I have described the issue and troubleshooting so far somewhat in depth throughout posts a few pages back.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Through the phone. I have described the issue and troubleshooting so far somewhat in depth throughout posts a few pages back.
you said you'd tried both ports and multiple cables... if there's a battery case it should be removed (you made no mention of cases).

have you tried to reinstall the v2.2 update?

16DIBEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ecoboost
updated the usb hub (2016 ecoboost mustang premium with navigation) to the HU5Z-19A387-A and then loaded all the files from the Ford download (as highlighted on this screenshot) to a USB thumb drive. After installing the USB hub, I plugged in my USB thumb drive and got an error message on the screen saying "USB Device requires too much power" .. it wouldn't load the files. any ideas?
Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 2.42.21 PM.png

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
updated the usb hub (2016 ecoboost mustang premium with navigation) to the HU5Z-19A387-A and then loaded all the files from the Ford download (as highlighted on this screenshot) to a USB thumb drive. After installing the USB hub, I plugged in my USB thumb drive and got an error message on the screen saying "USB Device requires too much power" .. it wouldn't load the files. any ideas?
First, you should have two items in the root directory of the USB drive:
autoinstall.lst
SyncMyRide\

the SyncMyRide directory will have 5 tarball files.

did you format in FAT32?

maybe try a different USB flash. Have anything by SanDisk? I got this update to work from a microSD card.

Sponsored

16DIBEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ecoboost
First, you should have two items in the root directory of the USB drive:
autoinstall.lst
SyncMyRide/

the SyncMyRide directory will have 5 tarball files.

did you format in FAT32?

maybe try a different USB drive.
The SMR directory had the install file and 5 files ending with tar.gz - I unzipped them (per the instructions, stating to unzip all the files before moving to the USB drive), and move them over (those are the ones I highlighted on my screenshot). I had not formatted as Fat32 .. I'll give that a shot and try again, thanks

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
The SMR directory had the install file and 5 files ending with tar.gz - I unzipped them (per the instructions, stating to unzip all the files before moving to the USB drive), and move them over (those are the ones I highlighted on my screenshot). I had not formatted as Fat32 .. I'll give that a shot and try again, thanks
Just checking because your file layout just looks odd.

If your USB drive is labeled E: the drive contents should be:

E:\autoinstall.lst
E:\SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
E:\SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TCB.tar.gz
E:\SyncMyRide\HN1T-14G381-LG.tar.gz
E:\SyncMyRide\HN1T-14G391-CC.tar.gz
E:\SyncMyRide\HN1T-14G423-CA.tar.gz

16DIBEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ecoboost
Just back in ... so I downloaded the update files from one of the mirror sites, and in the 'read me' file it indicated that the process of unzipping and loading to a USB drive needed to be done on a window/PC machine (I use a Mac).. so I went to an old POS windows laptop I use for my vinyl cutter and re-formatted and re-installed the files - and voila - it worked! All set. The only bummer thing is that I was hoping Waze would work through CarPlay, and it doesn't display on there.. really the main thing I was looking forward to. Oh well - still pretty cool - thanks!!!
Sponsored