Sponsored

New SVT GT350 Mustang (S550) Undresses at Nurburgring (Now With VIDEOS)!

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
It looks like the heavier camo front end has a lot more top overhang to it and a different bottom altogether.

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
It looks like the heavier camo front end has a lot more top overhang to it and a different bottom altogether.
I believe the "heavier camo car" is the normal GT350 (or even the new Mach1) and the "less camo car" that's always hauling ass is the GT350-R or it's equivalent.

Mikes5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track/2014 Explorer Sport
I know its a long shot but I hope Ford offers the carbon cermaic brakes as a option for the GT.

Sponsored

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
I know its a long shot but I hope Ford offers the carbon cermaic brakes as a option for the GT.
I am sure there will be after market for that eventually. To go even a bit further, if one is on a budget, I would just buy a basic GT then upgrade bit by bit as you go.

Mikes5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track/2014 Explorer Sport
I thought about buying the gt premium with no performance pack but this time around I dont see myself going all out with mods like in the past. I know I don't have enough will power to hold off till the SVT variant is available. lol

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I believe the "heavier camo car" is the normal GT350 (or even the new Mach1) and the "less camo car" that's always hauling ass is the GT350-R or it's equivalent.
This strikes me as most likely, at least regarding GT350 / GT350R. I wouldn't expect a Mach1 for a couple of years, if there's one at all. This looks like an SVT outing, and a Mach1 would mostly likely not be an SVT project.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I will agree, I think 350 and 350r, I'm just hoping they are reasonably priced :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
This strikes me as most likely, at least regarding GT350 / GT350R. I wouldn't expect a Mach1 for a couple of years, if there's one at all. This looks like an SVT outing, and a Mach1 would mostly likely not be an SVT project.

Why? The last one was.

Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
No it wasn't. It used a slightly different version of the 99 and 01 Cobra engine but that was about it.
This. It used a modified hand-me-down from SVT, after SVT went on to other things, but the package as a whole was developed and put together by the base Mustang team. Just like the Bullitt cars and the Boss 302 were.

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
You're right I am wrong. Still none the less the Mach 1 was just a parts bin car.
For the record, an awesome parts bin car. It did have some unique stuff though.

So just out of curiosity, now that we have seen a few videos, do you guys think it's a flatplane or just a regular crossplane crankshaft?

I'm leaning on flatplane, it really does have a bit of a different tone you hear in other exotics.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So just out of curiosity, now that we have seen a few videos, do you guys think it's a flatplane or just a regular crossplane crankshaft?

I'm leaning on flatplane, it really does have a bit of a different tone you hear in other exotics.

The "R" definitely sounds..............different. So I'm going FPC with that one.

The other model (non-R?), the black car, sounds............more like a traditional CPC.

Would they offer two very different engines? :shrug:

Or is this just two very different exhaust systems at work? :shrug:
Sponsored