Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Looking like a GT with some KR bits. I would expect a SC, the KR Hood, probably some 6 pots brakes, and a really big price tag. Like the cost of the car and a conversion.

Meh
Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I went to the Shelby Booth at Barrett Today, had a good laugh at the Shelby America Shelby GT350R. The rep approached me and I said I didn't know you guys made a variant of the the GT350R. He said oh no that's a Ford Vehicle, no $&@! Sherlock. I mean I didn't know you charged 20k to slap on a Shelby decal, new wheels and open lugs. It's ridiculous, I'm glad I'm not going anymore to see a rebadged Mustang GT with a supercharger.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Will this be sold in Vegas or on Ford dealer lots?

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Will this be sold in Vegas or on Ford dealer lots?
I would guess it is like every other Shelby built by SAI -- it is a package on top of the price of the base car, they build it, and you get it from your authorized dealer.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I went to the Shelby Booth at Barrett Today, had a good laugh at the Shelby America Shelby GT350R. The rep approached me and I said I didn't know you guys made a variant of the the GT350R. He said oh no that's a Ford Vehicle, no $&@! Sherlock. I mean I didn't know you charged 20k to slap on a Shelby decal, new wheels and open lugs. It's ridiculous, I'm glad I'm not going anymore to see a rebadged Mustang GT with a supercharger.
Pics..?

Where is the reveal?

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Excerpt from the Shelby American Facebook page:

"If you're planning on heading to Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale next week, join us for this exciting event!! #50years #Snakebit #TheLegendReturns"

50 years = GT500
Snakebit = Cobra/Snake
TheLegendReturns = Possibly a return of the GT500 Cobra (Snake)

So I guess they were getting too much flack for making a Super Snake out of the 2015/2016 Mustang GT. My question was always.... how can you make a Snake Super when its not even a Snake to begin with on Mustang GT. The steering wheel still had a Mustang logo and not a Snake with the Shelby American converted 2015-2016 Super Snake.

SHELBY AMERICAN.......

Please don't make a Mustang GT to GT 500 conversion package for the 2015-2017. Let's let the Big Boys at FORD MOTOR CO make this reimage when the timing is right.
Oh please do. Please call it SS-D for Super Snake Part Deux.

The sooner those guys go out of business the better. All they do is sell reheated ill-fitting crap

Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
A GT500KR makes the most sense considering the hashtags, and even more so looking outside the box, with Ford and their customers wanting/needing something to compete with the Hellcat and ZL1. It would obviously be a 2018 model.

There really isn't another 50 year car that even fits into this all.

Here is the issue --if it IS a GT500KR, we all better hope and pray it is built by Ford, and SA just has the honors of unveiling it. If it is another bolt-on GTE play built by SA, it has already failed.
I got news ... anything coming out of SAI doesn't count when it comes to competing with competing brands.

Ford best get off their arse and announce something or relinquish their slot in the HP wars to somebody else who isn't busy d$ck$ng around

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I would guess it is like every other Shelby built by SAI -- it is a package on top of the price of the base car, they build it, and you get it from your authorized dealer.
THat's not like hardly any Shelby's built by SAI. Very few years had you buying a SAI packaged vehicle from a Ford dealership.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If this isn't a gt350 pushing 600hp then it's a huge letdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.