Sponsored

New Shelby GT350 Mustang Revealed! 5.2L Flat Plane Crank V8, 500+HP / 400 LB-FT

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
It's frustrating when people measure a car's value so strongly based on a peak power figure.
Agreed. All else being equal with the car, having a motor with less peak power, but a nice broad curve can not only perform better overall, but be more fun to drive as well. Peak HP is definitely an overrated spec... great for magazine racers and chest thumping by the manufacturers though, and that's what sells a lot of cars to the uninformed majority.
Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
I'm curious why the performance package has a spoiler delete, but the GT350 seems to have a VERY similar spoiler?

Whats the difference between them that a standard Mustang with Performance package doesn't have a spoiler but the GT350 would?

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
If you can't see how much more the Shelby offers over the GT, you're not in the target audience for the car, and the GT will suit you just fine. :)

Oh, and I can pretty much guarantee you it's going to be significantly over 500HP...

Well said

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
The GT350 aero team obviously added the rear spoiler to balance the increase in downforce generated by the new front splitter and front end package. It works as a package. They wouldn't have added it to this car for looks.

It if doesn't make you faster, it makes you slower!

<-- Look at the splitter and wing on my car. I didn't add that huge G-stream wing because it looks cool. That sucker costs 1500 bucks. It balances the aero package. I added 2 more inches to the front splitter and a belly pan (since that pic was taken) and forgot to adjust the rear wing. The car was undriveable at speed. I added 2 turns (more downforce) to the wing and the car was totally transformed.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
The FPC sound like the future; get used to it.
Nah, it's really not. It's a very specialized motor for a specialized purpose. This likely isn't going to trickle down into lesser models in the Mustang fleet. I would not be surprised if it never makes it into another model, unless it's another track focused offering (a la Boss).

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
Does anyone have any hi-res images of the new emblem? Would like it as my phones background lol

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
Love Car and Driver having it as their FB cover photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmao I see this as a big middle finger to the motortrend GM loyalists, very funny.

Sponsored

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
I may be the only one but I love the minimalistic engine bay, it may not be a clean one but it shows function over form, no engine cover to save weight, very basic and subtle, almost sleeper in a way.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance

osu13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sc bmw e92 m3, bmw 128i m-sport, 2002 CRV
I may be the only one but I love the minimalistic engine bay, it may not be a clean one but it shows function over form, no engine cover to save weight, very basic and subtle, almost sleeper in a way.
Yes, I love that about the car. Especially the know engine cover makes it look very natural and subtle as you said.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Is that the standard brace or the optional brace?
Not the same as the cross brace on the PP cars. The PP cars brace is steel that looks like aluminum from the size of the weld, there is no weld on the standard brace. The rear brace which is black and is hard to see appears the same, it is steel and .200" thick and the more important of the two.

Your pictures shows the front radiator support labeled carbon compositie that is of course completely different than the PP cars which are carbon composite over steel.
Sponsored