Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Mustang6G.com Q&A with Jamal Hameedi on the new Shelby GT350 Mustang

Q: Will this be a platform for the GT500?
A: The car has got really good bones so…
Thank you, Jamal (and Jarstang!), that was the bone I was looking for :thumbsup:
Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Q: Why no carbon ceramic brakes?
A: I think you’ll find out later that affordability was a big part of this car.

Q: So keeping price down was a big part of that?
A: Yes. That was a priority with this car.
These two statements are encouraging and lead me to believe (among other things) this won't be anywhere near Z28 price territory. Crossing my fingers...

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
Mustang6G.com Q&A with Jamal Hameedi on the new Shelby GT350 Mustang

Q: Why no carbon ceramic brakes?
A: I think you’ll find out later that affordability was a big part of this car.

Q: So keeping price down was a big part of that?
A: Yes. That was a priority with this car.

MISC:

Q: Will this be a platform for the GT500?
A: The car has got really good bones so…
So those are the main points I'm reading from this.
Affordability is a BIG point... and the "bones" to go gt 500.... Makes me think this is to be a luxury contender, something faster than the ZL1, more comfortable than the Z/28, and a better price than both, while leaving room for the gt500 to compete in the z/28 and corvette z06 price range and hold it's own... correct me if I'm wrong

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I think the GT500 price point is what people like, which I like, but this car won't be at dealerships long if they are selling them for under 70K. I want.

kammrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 crown vic
OK hate to ask this but thinking ahead, if the 2015 GT350 has a price tag in the neighborhood of $70K + I am thinking it will be unattainable for me.
However as I have done in the past with a 2013 GT I was able to place OEM Cobra front fascia,grill,fog lights,hood,spoilers wheels & rear tail on it, fit & finish was flawless.

If I have to go with the 2015 GT/P.P. when parts become available for the new GT350 will it be possible to purchase the OEM front clip the whole kit & caboodle! as to the fenders,front fascia,grills,spoilers,hood,rear end,rims, ect.

Will it match up (bolt-on) without major fabrication, and will I even be able to purchase the above parts? I believe someone mentioned that parts are for the GT350 only, I hope not.

I know this sounds so silly & weak but I love the look of this thing gotta have one and this maybe the only way to afford the cosmetic look alike even though the above parts list will be in the price range somewhere around $10-15K?

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
If I have to go with the 2015 GT/P.P. when parts become available for the new GT350 will it be possible to purchase the OEM front clip the whole kit & caboodle! as to the fenders,front fascia,grills,spoilers,hood,rear end,rims, ect.

Will it match up (bolt-on) without major fabrication, and will I even be able to purchase the above parts? I believe someone mentioned that parts are for the GT350 only, I hope not.
They have said that the hood has been lowered. I question whether the GT-350's hood would even fit over the GT's motor/intake...

C.Fair23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Even if it were possible, it would be silly to do that. I get wanting to adopt some of the looks of a car because you like the looks of it, but badging it and copying every detail is going too far. I would never throw GT badges on my ecoboost to make it look like a GT.

OK hate to ask this but thinking ahead, if the 2015 GT350 has a price tag in the neighborhood of $70K + I am thinking it will be unattainable for me.
However as I have done in the past with a 2013 GT I was able to place OEM Cobra front fascia,grill,fog lights,hood,spoilers wheels & rear tail on it, fit & finish was flawless.

I know this sounds so silly & weak but I love the look of this thing gotta have one and this maybe the only way to afford the cosmetic look alike even though the above parts list will be in the price range somewhere around $10-15K?

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Great questions Jarstang. And some nice scoops! Variable exhaust, etc.

Interesting that he hints at an unexpectedly low price but also says production will be limited.

mustangletback

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 droptop mustang
So those are the main points I'm reading from this.
Affordability is a BIG point... and the "bones" to go gt 500.... Makes me think this is to be a luxury contender, something faster than the ZL1, more comfortable than the Z/28, and a better price than both, while leaving room for the gt500 to compete in the z/28 and corvette z06 price range and hold it's own... correct me if I'm wrong
although this GT350 does not have the CC brakes,i think a hardcore GT350 R Might be in the works,and that model will have the CC brakes.On another note,there is a video called the mad man 160 pt.1,and 2 of a 2015 mustang gt doing 160mph.:

FPC GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350... Soon
@dwchockey13 - I'm just curious why in your right mind would this car compete with the zl1? They didn't even benchmark it against it. Also, "luxury" the tech pach is just to give more creature comforts for those who want them. (Luxury would have those things come standard with all the chrome crap, they took all the chrome out of the interior). This is a competitor to the benchmarked cars, if it's able to surpass them it will be able to surpass a variety of other cars.

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
as far as ride comfort, the z/28 is a brutal car to drive in, not creature comfort. The z/28 is a great weekend racer car, but daily driving it (burrowed dad's while my stang was in shop) was absolutely horrendous. where as the GT350 is designed to be driven daily, and tracked on the weekends.

FPC GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350... Soon
This is a track and street friendly car. The GT350 is not single focused like the z/28.

(I.e. GT350= athlete with brains, z/28= athlete with .45 GPA)
Sponsored