Sponsored

New Shelby GT350 Mustang Revealed! 5.2L Flat Plane Crank V8, 500+HP / 400 LB-FT

xsboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Well you don't know that for a certainty since they haven't released the final numbers yet.

Also, you can add all the power you want, but you'll never get the unique engine and total package this car provides from the factory. And you won't be adding a Magneride suspension to your GT either.

Hell, I could throw a few thousand into my 07 and make ridiculous power; it will still be a pimple on this car's
behind.
Don't get me wrong, nice car. Some people like to drive in circles and this car is for them. I guess we all have different ideas of what we want out of a car.
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Ok, what's the point? 60k car with 70 more hp. Now if it was something like the gt500 hp numbers then id go for that. If the car was 50k , good deal but bet u over 60k.
There's a LOT more to this car than just horsepower. If you want a straight line big horsepower car, go to the hellcat. This is something that will fight a Porsche on a track.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Wait until you sit in it and see how it feels... This thing will shake like you wouldn't believe and won't be very comfortable. I guarantee it. Notice the "tech package"? Which gives you essentially everything in a Premium? That's because this was designed to be a track car, not a daily car. Think of it similar to a 2000 Cobra R or Z28 Camaro, those drivers may have bought those cars but they will tell you that it would grind on you to drive everyday.

The motor may run fine, but it will be bolted and structured into the frame. Look at a Ferrari engine bay, and those FPC are smaller displacement even. I am more curious to see how Ford dealt with the increased front weight from the structuring, unless they used a lot of carbon fiber type materials.

Raj states they wanted a street car that was good at the track on the weekends. I don't think it'll be as rough as you believe. Definitely won't be as comfy as a GT PP though, somewhere in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, poster over one SVT was saying press embargo lifts at 2pm PST today...

nonnex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
well, how I said. Its not a drag car. better to stick to the latest gt500 for draggin.
But when its about motorsport and tracks, this new 360 will be a monster.

Sponsored

jcalvert86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Don't get me wrong, nice car. Some people like to drive in circles and this car is for them. I guess we all have different ideas of what we want out of a car.
Are you purposely trolling or just borderline retarded?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, what's the point? 60k car with 70 more hp. Now if it was something like the gt500 hp numbers then id go for that. If the car was 50k , good deal but bet u over 60k.
Road course track car, not a drag strip car.

The GT500 was a insanely fast GT cruiser, but not really the most competent car on the track. This GT350 is like the Boss 302 turned up to 11. Or 12.

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious why we don't read about the weight of the car. A most key specification, and one they are focusing on with CF bits. Are we to find out later it's a "lightweight" car at 3750lbs? I like to think it'd be 3500-3600 max, but probably not. I am huge on lightweighing, but I may still buy this car. I'll give the 5.2L FPC V8 a year to see if Ford controlled that vibration well.

Nonetheless, it seems to be an awesome, awesome car. Can wait to see the full specs and that Track Pack. I wonder if an "R" model will come later. AND, I want to see the race car version (at least I hope they'll be one to replace the BOSS 302R for the CTSCC series with IMSA.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm really excited about this car with the limited information provided. I don't regret my 15 GT PP purchase. I'll enjoy the GT for the next year or two while the hype dies down and the FPC gets some time under it's belt. Plus their might be some second year adjustments depending on the 16 Camaro's performance.

Sponsored

nonnex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
there is one thing that makes me a bit unconfortable. The fact that ford has build a unique engine for that. well, im sure that the engineers are one of the top in the industry, but really empirial knowledge and history is lacking in FPC. I hope the engine will hav no child illness or something.

The sound is epic btw. this is a point where europeans (not all, italians do know how engines should roar) but the germans could open their ears sometimes, they are sticked to understatement. ;)

Garrett94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
1966 fastback project
While I like the mechanicals I'm not seeing much visual difference to a GT PP, guess I was expecting more of a GT to GT500 in the looks dept.

I'm sure it will be a beast.
The whole front end has different dimensions from the gt lower wider fenders then there's the fender vents a new hood and a new carbon fiber front fascia with a new spoiler they did more to this cars front end than they did the GT500

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you purposely trolling or just borderline retarded?

[emoji106]

Monday afternoon, some 50 years after that initial partnership, the duo is scheduled to pull the wraps off an all-new Shelby GT350 Mustang.

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-ford-shelby-gt350-mustang-reveal-20141117-story.html

Good read. I'm proud of myself for being almost as fast as you today...you might not be a machine after all! Lol I'm bouncing around 5 different forums...have to pick n choose which to post to and when lol

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
To those of us who are bellyaching because the GT350 is now the star..tough.

Just because the GT350 is now on the scene does not make your GT any less, or your Boss, or anything. You don't need to tear down this car to defend your purchase, which you should have already known would be eclipsed in fairly short order.

Where the GT350 pushes the envelope, the rest of the breed will benefit!
Sponsored