Sponsored

New Owner

drkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Hey everyone...just picked up a new/used 2016 GT/CS. Has anyone removed the tri bar pony emblem completely from the grille? If so how does it look. Also, is there a way to remove the faux gas cap on the rear panel?
Sponsored

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Congrats on the car. I can tell you that you have to replace the panel if you want to remove the faux gas cap. Something is visible behind the cap. Either holes or tabs.

From my own experience... if you slam the trunk enough it will simply fall off. Luckily, it fell off while I was parked. It's held on by Gorilla Glue now....

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
There will be holes left in the decklid panel if you remove it..

I removed my GT logo and wrapped it with black vinyl to cover holes and haven't looked back since.. Just gotta be careful washing it.

OP
OP

drkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Thanks guys. I was thinking of putting a replacement panel on for the smooth look.

Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
there are threads on here somewhere about what it takes to remove the tri bar emblem in the grill. You will have to hunt for them, but they are here. You need to remove a panel somewhere near the hood latch and reach in with a skinny arm and remove 3 small nuts. There are even pix of the grill with the emblem removed.
As for the wheels and tires on your car, you should drive them to the Pacific Northwest and sell them to me, I'm trying to buy some locally to have widened and dont want to deal with the cost and hassles of shipping, not having much luck finding any locally. : )

OP
OP

drkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS
there are threads on here somewhere about what it takes to remove the tri bar emblem in the grill. You will have to hunt for them, but they are here. You need to remove a panel somewhere near the hood latch and reach in with a skinny arm and remove 3 small nuts. There are even pix of the grill with the emblem removed.
As for the wheels and tires on your car, you should drive them to the Pacific Northwest and sell them to me, I'm trying to buy some locally to have widened and dont want to deal with the cost and hassles of shipping, not having much luck finding any locally. : )
Yeah I just looked at it and it seems like a real pain. We’ll see if I try to tackle that.

Ha! I am actually looking for a different set but I’m a little too far away sorry.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Yea, but the Cervinis grill looks better :sun: