Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
It's a beauty. It's the first I've seen in black with the ceramic interior. Nice.

OP
OP

Tabulous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
So got all parts ordered, gone with Mishimoto race axle back, see what sound we get from that lol

Strut brace coming from over the pond, might be a week or so

OP
OP

Tabulous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mods done, Mishimoto Race Axle back, strut brace and gas bonnet lifters......

Mishimoto - wow that is all i can say, its loud but its how the car should sound, growls like a angry dog lol
Strut brace - received it from America, thought it would fit straight on, but been right hand drive, this needed some fetteling to make it fit, not too difficult if you have a bench grinder.
Bonnet lifters - Ford performance, easy to fit and do what they say on the tin really.

Mmmmmm so whats next lol
20180802_135022.jpg
20180802_141632.jpg

quabbinman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP,Power Pac 2
Only mods I've done so far are:

- Ford Performance Power Pack 2 (GT350 CAI, GT350 throttle body, and calibration) - HIGHLY recommended, makes the car way more fun even for daily driving
- Ford Performance high flow air filter (manufactured by Airaid) -- way nicer than the paper filter that came with the FP PP2 and permanent/washable
- JLT 3.0 oil separator/catch can - super easy to install, and the can fills about 1/6th of the way even after only 1,000 miles or so!

Tomorrow, I'm getting the following installed:
- MBRP XP Series Street Cat-back: love the fact that it's an H-pipe, as it should sound deeper than most of the X-pipe systems
- BMR cradle lockout kit to reduce wheel hop (someone linked to it above, but I found it for half the price on eBay)
- BMR vertical links with spherical bushings - also for reducing wheel hop; went with spherical/spherical instead of Delrin/spherical or Delrin/Delrin as Delrin is stiffer and leads to more NVH (though it's better if you track your car often)... definitely recommend spherical bushings if it's your daily driver

I definitely think the first mod people want on the 2015-2017 Mustangs is a new exhaust, as the stock one is so quiet. Most people will add a catch can as it's so easy to do and it can only help. After that, it depends on what you want to do. If you just want a more spirited daily driver, you'll probably go with a new calibration/canned tune. If you want a badass daily driver and occasionally *ALLEGEDLY* race people on the street, you'll probably also get a CAI and do some wheel hop reduction.

Beyond that -- e.g., if you're drag racing or tracking your car -- then the mods can be endless.

Have you had any problems when using the no lift shift option

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Hi
had my 2016 GT convertible for around 8 weeks now and am itching to get some mods going.

First is the gas hood struts, as the metal hanger rod is so 80s.

Second is strut brace, but sourcing a ford performance part seems difficult....

Third is exhaust, was initially looking at Roush alxe back, but i really like the look of the Mishimoto Race/Pro with Black 4.5" Tips, any one running this with stock resonator ? I know alot will say just go CAT back but, want to do in stages.....maybe the Mishimoto X-Pipe afterward.

Fouth is Cold Air Box and remap :-)

The Strut bar & K-brace are first!! It will reduce chassis flex so that your suspension can stay flatter and the car feel more solid. That's what I have. Along iwith a Steeda lower bar that ties the subframe together.

What is strange is that the UK GT Verts do NOT come standard with a strut bar! My Canadian GT Vert had the strut bar, K brace and firewall reinforcement standard.

Being that parts of your car are reversed, check before buying the K-brace. It might be different.

Also, there is a firewall reinforcement plate that is not shown in the add that Helps strengthen the K-brace tie-in to the firewall. You need it. However, check to see if that part is reversed for your car.

The strut bar should be cars on both sides of the pond.

Just...check before you leap to ensure they fit.

CVCashmere

OP
OP

Tabulous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Strut bar & K-brace are first!! It will reduce chassis flex so that your suspension can stay flatter and the car feel more solid. That's what I have. Along iwith a Steeda lower bar that ties the subframe together.

What is strange is that the UK GT Verts do NOT come standard with a strut bar! My Canadian GT Vert had the strut bar, K brace and firewall reinforcement standard.

Being that parts of your car are reversed, check before buying the K-brace. It might be different.

Also, there is a firewall reinforcement plate that is not shown in the add that Helps strengthen the K-brace tie-in to the firewall. You need it. However, check to see if that part is reversed for your car.

The strut bar should be cars on both sides of the pond.

Just...check before you leap to ensure they fit.

CVCashmere
The K brace was already on, thus it must be fitted as standard. The Strut brace did not fit but was easy to change with an angle grinder lol.......

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....I definitely think the first mod people want on the 2015-2017 Mustangs is a new exhaust, as the stock one is so quiet.....
I for one like my stock exhaust. It's silent a 70-80MPH, and I love that.

OP
OP

Tabulous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next mod is on its way from across the pond, UPR catch can from CJPonyParts

https://www.cjponyparts.com/upr-oil...ide-kit-gt-gt350-gt350r-2015-2019/p/OILSEP88/

Should be with me some time next week, will add some pics when install is completed :-)

Some feedback on Exhaust mod after driving for a month or so.... It loud lol there is a drone when on the motorway at around 1750 RPM but this is not to much of a problem, as @ 70MPH teh revs are up around 2000RPM.
Love the sound it makes and when in Sport+ on down shifts its like wow......

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tabulous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMG_20180919_130814.jpg
New UPR catch can installed, very easy mod :-) looks the bizz
Sponsored