Sponsored

New Owner with Questions

skent4321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby Gt350
Hey all,

I just picked up a 2019 GT350 base with 7500 miles on it. I am looking for advice on a couple things.

Mods previous owner did that I know of
FP Springs
FP camber kit
MGW Shifter with Raceseng shift knob
Resonator delete
Gurney Flap package
What looks like a coolant expansion tank

1. The car has few mods already and I'm wondering if I should replace/remove them or do something different based on my intended use for the car. I will be doing 5-6 HPDE per year and also street driving weekends/road trips. It is not my daily. I am not looking to race the car just make sure it is reliable and ready for intermediate level driving on the track.

2. Also looking for a good service option/track day prep shop in the north Dallas area. Dealer recommendation is great but I would only bring it there for warranty related service and would prefer to bring it to someone who can provide more expertise and better customer service than a typical Ford dealer.

Appreciate it!
Sponsored

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Sounds like a great set of mods, leave it alone would be my opinion

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hey all,

I just picked up a 2019 GT350 base with 7500 miles on it. I am looking for advice on a couple things.

FP Springs
FP camber kit
Resonator delete
Gurney Flap package

1. The car has few mods already and I'm wondering if I should replace/remove them or do something different based on my intended use for the car. I will be doing 5-6 HPDE per year and also street driving weekends/road trips. It is not my daily. I am not looking to race the car just make sure it is reliable and ready for intermediate level driving on the track.

2. Also looking for a good service option/track day prep shop in the north Dallas area. Dealer recommendation is great but I would only bring it there for warranty related service and would prefer to bring it to someone who can provide more expertise and better customer service than a typical Ford dealer.

Appreciate it!
Congrats on the purchase. If staying within warranty is important to you, I’d recommend that you try to stick with ford performance add-ons, as they won’t void the warranty.

I recommend a ford performance passenger side catch can (or any other brand.)

If your heal-toe isn’t stellar and you don’t feel like improving that skill, do yourself and your clutch a favor and get an auto-blip device. I personally use an autoblip, and I know many others like their xineering model (I may be spelling it wrong.)

Look into the extended warranties from floodford, or any other ford dealer if you intend to keep the car for a while. The cost is minimal.

If you think you’ll be changing brake pads often, invest in caliperfextion gear for the front calipers.

That’s all that comes to mind at the moment. Enjoy the car!!

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
That mod list will suite you fine for what you plan to do. If you want to stick with a warranty there won't be too much more you'll be able to do, but I would also suggest a catch can to help out and maybe an axle back to let it scream a little more but that is just my fancy. If you have any questions about setups that work well on the GT350 or you just want to shoot us over some pictures to post up, feel free to PM me anytime. Lethalperformance.com

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Hey all,

FP Springs
FP camber kit
Resonator delete
Gurney Flap package

Appreciate it!

This forum will provide you with a WEALTH of information...
Sponsored