Sponsored

New Member, have 2 questions, please help!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible
Hello all and thanks for the add! Ive had my GT for 2 years now and its still my baby and puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it! I've browsed your forums and finally decided to register and grateful I did!

Quick questions... I have the Power Pack 2.. I want to upgrade to a GT350 Intake Manifold and also add LTH (kooks or stainless works).. Since I already have the ford tune with the power pack 2.. when I get a new tune for the headers (I will get Lund) will it create a problem with the Ford Tune and the new Intake Manifold?

If I just DONT do the intake manifold and just add LTH do I still need a new tune?

I want to make the car faster just don't want to mess anything up! Thanks again!!!
Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all and thanks for the add! Ive had my GT for 2 years now and its still my baby and puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it! I've browsed your forums and finally decided to register and grateful I did!

Quick questions... I have the Power Pack 2.. I want to upgrade to a GT350 Intake Manifold and also add LTH (kooks or stainless works).. Since I already have the ford tune with the power pack 2.. when I get a new tune for the headers (I will get Lund) will it create a problem with the Ford Tune and the new Intake Manifold?

If I just DONT do the intake manifold and just add LTH do I still need a new tune?

I want to make the car faster just don't want to mess anything up! Thanks again!!!
Pesonaly I wouldn't do long tube headers ,not much gain for the price . I would also look into the 2018 manifold instead of the 350 manifold . Less money and gains are the same . Whitt that said the money saved you can spend on the tune . As for the tune it will over right the Ford performance tune . If you have any questions on the 2018 swap pm me .

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You would flash the car back to the stock tune with the Ford programmer and your tuner would use the new tuning platform to tune the car.

If you just add headers, I would still tune the car. The Ford Racing tune is written around the installation parts of the performance package. Headers can certainly change air fuel values and to get the most power and safest performance, I would tune separate.

Others may have other advice or experience with the Ford tune and headers but that’s just what my knowledge tells me.
Sponsored