Sponsored

New Member from Ohio

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
First off, thank you for accepting me onto this forum. I have had many cars and several Mustangs over the years, but as of Friday, I am the proud owner of a 2021 Black GT Premium beast.

A little background on me....

I live in south east Ohio, about an hour east of Cincinnati. I have been a car fanatic as long as I can remember. I grew up on muscle cars and hot rods as my dad has been a gear head since he was a kid. I got my first Mustang when I was 17 because of my dad, we were on our way to look at a Toyota pickup for me, and we passed a small dealer that had a 1991 LX 5.0 convertible on the lot with only 40k miles. Let's just say, we never made it to look at the Toyota.

A few years later, I picked up a brand new 2001 Mustang GT in black, 5 speed of course, and life was good. Except I got sick of trying to keep a black car clean. At the same time, my buddy bought a 2001 Cobra convertible, and I mentioned to my dad, that I wish I could trade my car in and get a white Cobra. I didn't think any more about it, and then while at college, get a call from my dad telling me "let's go get your car". I asked "what car?" and he said, I found you a white 2001 Cobra. My first thought, being a college student who made $8.80 an hour, was "how am I going to pay for that?" but alas, off to Ford we went.

When the salesman came back out after running the numbers he was surprised I qualified for the 0% interest deal they were running at only 21, so that worked in my favor. I kept the car for a little while and then made one the biggest mistakes of my life and traded my Cobra in on an SVT Focus. I know, I know!

Anyway, since then I have owned a 2003 GT, a 2005 GT, and now finally my 2021 GT with a lot of other cars in between. When I had the 2005, I honestly didn't know how they could make a car better. With the 2021, they proved that they definitely could.

Here she is, first day home from the dealer.
GT.jpg

And yes, I am aware that I got another black car, that since bringing home, I have dusted more than I have driven, but it was the only 6 speed GT premium with the 12" instrument panel I could find at any dealers even close to me, so you make sacrifices.

Anyway, thanks again, and if you read it this far, I appreciate it. I hope to stick around for a while.
Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Welcome aboard, Captain!

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Welcome from NW Pennsylvania, nice ride we have a pony run in July if your not too far away.
20200615_162308.jpg

OP
OP
freudianfloyd

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Welcome from NW Pennsylvania, nice ride we have a pony run in July if your not too far away.
20200615_162308.jpg
I will have to look into this. I was just looking into the Ford Nationals out in Carlisle yesterday. I have never been.

Sponsored

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
And yes, I am aware that I got another black car, that since bringing home, I have dusted more than I have driven, but it was the only 6 speed GT premium with the 12" instrument panel I could find at any dealers even close to me, so you make sacrifices.

Anyway, thanks again, and if you read it this far, I appreciate it. I hope to stick around for a while.
Congratulations and welcome! The dust comment gave me a chuckle. I washed my car 4 days ago and each day since I've been out there to dust it. Wouldn't trade it for any other color ever. Just gives us more quality time together :)

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Welcome ohio fam!

Sponsored

007evan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
evan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 2019 VW Jetta GLI
black cars are faster, enjoy your new ride !

OP
OP
freudianfloyd

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Thank you all for the welcome!

S550Will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
First off, thank you for accepting me onto this forum. I have had many cars and several Mustangs over the years, but as of Friday, I am the proud owner of a 2021 Black GT Premium beast.

A little background on me....

I live in south east Ohio, about an hour east of Cincinnati. I have been a car fanatic as long as I can remember. I grew up on muscle cars and hot rods as my dad has been a gear head since he was a kid. I got my first Mustang when I was 17 because of my dad, we were on our way to look at a Toyota pickup for me, and we passed a small dealer that had a 1991 LX 5.0 convertible on the lot with only 40k miles. Let's just say, we never made it to look at the Toyota.

A few years later, I picked up a brand new 2001 Mustang GT in black, 5 speed of course, and life was good. Except I got sick of trying to keep a black car clean. At the same time, my buddy bought a 2001 Cobra convertible, and I mentioned to my dad, that I wish I could trade my car in and get a white Cobra. I didn't think any more about it, and then while at college, get a call from my dad telling me "let's go get your car". I asked "what car?" and he said, I found you a white 2001 Cobra. My first thought, being a college student who made $8.80 an hour, was "how am I going to pay for that?" but alas, off to Ford we went.

When the salesman came back out after running the numbers he was surprised I qualified for the 0% interest deal they were running at only 21, so that worked in my favor. I kept the car for a little while and then made one the biggest mistakes of my life and traded my Cobra in on an SVT Focus. I know, I know!

Anyway, since then I have owned a 2003 GT, a 2005 GT, and now finally my 2021 GT with a lot of other cars in between. When I had the 2005, I honestly didn't know how they could make a car better. With the 2021, they proved that they definitely could.

Here she is, first day home from the dealer.
GT.jpg

Welcome man! I'm also in the Cincinnati area. I run a mustang group on FB if your interested. PM me for details.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
dayton area here, too far out for me to ever meet any of you but welcome aboard .
Sponsored