Sponsored

New McLeod RST feels HEAVY?

haze324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Hey guys I had a McLeod RST, OEM slave and pilot bearing recently installed and clutch feel is heavy and pretty darn stiff. The best I can explain it is it feels less about it being hard to push down, and more about the clutch pedal ready to push back. I’ve only put 50-75 miles on it and engagement is great, I feel the clutch grabbing with no issues, no complaint at all on actual function. It’s only the pedal that feels like it has constant resistance.

Anything obvious that would cause this? Will it soften up after break-in?

im also running a steeda clutch spring. I considered putting a stock one back on but everything I’ve read is the RST has a soft pedal feel.

D142CAF7-DB4E-4926-97BC-6500CD039A20.jpeg
Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
The RST holds more power than the stock clutch. How does it do that? By adding a second disc, and increasing clamping pressure. That increased clamping pressure translated into pedal feel. It's normal.

OP
OP

haze324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
The RST holds more power than the stock clutch. How does it do that? By adding a second disc, and increasing clamping pressure. That increased clamping pressure translated into pedal feel. It's normal.
yeah this mofo is clamping that’s for sure!!! I just always read that the RST feels just like stock. It does feel good driving and shifting but if I’m in stop and go traffic it’s noticeably stiffer.

Appreciate the help.

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You guys need to start working out your Calves a bit more 😅 Don't skip leg day and y'all will be alright. 🤭🤦‍♂️

OP
OP

haze324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
You guys need to start working out your Calves a bit more 😅 Don't skip leg day and y'all will be alright. 🤭🤦‍♂️
Hey man I'm in Miami too. That rush hour traffic home on the palmetto is no joke now with this thing!!

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It should break in more with some miles, maybe 500-1000 and it will feel slightly different. The steeda spring is also causing this, you're exacerbating the increased clamping pressure with a different spring. Put on the stock one on and it will feel more like stock...