New Guy in Vegas

bradsr1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350 FP Blue '19 Rubicon Unlimited '19 HD CVO
Checking in and watching... I'd be up for a meetup/cruise one weekend.
Sponsored

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Checking in and watching... I'd be up for a meetup/cruise one weekend.
As far as individuals just hanging out, it seems pretty quiet here. It's been tried and seems to fall through last minute.
There are often rides and meets, but they don't get much publicity, It's like you have to already be involved. As things open, there is a lot going on, but as the heat builds up, there is a slow down, so now is the sweet spot. So, as far as meets go...

Unofficial at Craig and Rancho every Friday night and early Sunday mornings- a mixed bag but a lot of classics and customs.

Celebrity Cars and Coffee on S Eastern every Saturday mornings, again very early

The official Cars and Coffee at Shelby American Saturday mornings 7-10 am. Lots of Mustangs (and unofficial hang out of Vegas Valley Mustangs) of course, but the Camaro Club hangs out there, as well as others. Raffles, special events. Usually busiest around 8.30-9. Connected with Speed Vegas so they often give away track laps in a GT500- I've won it twice (guess where I hang out, lol)

Espresso and Exotics at Boca Park (nr Cheesecake Factory)2nd Sundays early morning.

All morning shows start around 7 am due to heat- and businesses opening 10-ish.
Except for Craig, all these have FB pages.

Cruises? Talk to people, there are a lot of clubs. LV is funny-at meets, people seem to be standoffish, but its more that they are just socializing with friends- Say hello, remark about a car, you're in.

Speaking of, there is a Mustang cruise with VVM this (May 1) Saturday morning (instead of going to Shelby) from Railroad Pass to Oatman, AZ. If you're driving a Mustang, and understand it's a cruise/run, not the Cannonball, lol, they do make prospective members welcome.
I'm not any authority, just hang out, but as the Las Vegas group on this page is...sporadic ..at best, figured I'd try to help.
HTH, maybe see you at one of the gigs.

bradsr1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a good time tomorrow. I travel during the week and just got back in town. I’m going to get the car cleaned up and see if I can’t make it out for the run. Meeting at Railroad Pass Hotel in Henderson?

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a good time tomorrow. I travel during the week and just got back in town. I’m going to get the car cleaned up and see if I can’t make it out for the run. Meeting at Railroad Pass Hotel in Henderson?
Yes, 7:30 if you want breakfast , 8-8.15 am in parking lot ready for ~ 8:30 departure, first stop at park below Davis Dam Laughlin.
Hope you can make it!

bradsr1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
I’m headed that way now.

Sponsored

dougfresh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 1969 Camaro Z/28
Year old bump.

Been in Vegas a year and a half now. Moved from the Philly area early January '21. The car scene years ago back home got toxic, easiest way I can describe it. Haven't really dabbled in it much lately. Too much drama/burn outs/donuts/dumb crap at local meet ups. The local meets here mentioned are definitely more laid back, better organized, and minimal nonsense.

Happy to network with fellow local enthusiasts for sure!

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Just moved here to Vegas, I'm in the Centennial Hills area.

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
Just moved here to Vegas, I'm in the Centennial Hills area.
Hey, welcome! As you've probably already found, there is an active car culture here. Almost any day of the week something is going on. There is a Facebook group called "Las Vegas Car Scene", the guy that runs it and a couple other groups does a really good job covering and posting upcoming events. He's easy to find at the car meets, drives an orange Lambo.
Your car looks familiar, have you had it at C&C at Shelby American? Every Saturday morning, but It's hard to guess how many cars will be there, depends on heat and other events. Vegas Valley Mustangs is always there. If you haven't met them, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Hey, welcome! As you've probably already found, there is an active car culture here. Almost any day of the week something is going on. There is a Facebook group called "Las Vegas Car Scene", the guy that runs it and a couple other groups does a really good job covering and posting upcoming events. He's easy to find at the car meets, drives an orange Lambo.
Your car looks familiar, have you had it at C&C at Shelby American? Every Saturday morning, but It's hard to guess how many cars will be there, depends on heat and other events. Vegas Valley Mustangs is always there. If you haven't met them, I'll keep an eye out for you.
Thanks! It's great to be here, we retired and moved here about a month ago, and we love it. Yes, I was at C&C at Shelby a couple of Saturdays ago. Met some of the Vegas Valley Mustang people, all super nice folks. Looking forward to getting more involved, but need the weather to cool down just a bit. Look for me in the red GT350...or my just purchased 1972 De Tomaso Pantera...that's me on the left with Pantera legend Jerry Sackett...
PXL_20220827_184138206~2.jpg

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! It's great to be here, we retired and moved here about a month ago, and we love it. Yes, I was at C&C at Shelby a couple of Saturdays ago. Met some of the Vegas Valley Mustang people, all super nice folks. Looking forward to getting more involved, but need the weather to cool down just a bit. Look for me in the red GT350...or my just purchased 1972 De Tomaso Pantera...that's me on the left with Pantera legend Jerry Sackett...
Congratulations on the retirement- and the Pantera! -one of my favorites. Yes, attendance drops when the heat is like this, 90 at 8 am is a bit much! So I did see you- I was tied up doing a video for them, part of a series of women and their cars. It got sprung on me, lol (wasn't expecting it for another month) so was unprepared. (I want a do-over with rehearsal , rofl, so I can at least turn the a/c and traction control off)

See you around when it cools a little!

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Definitely!! Look for me and say hi!
Sponsored