CompetitionMotorsport

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
competitionmotorsport.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
We want to say thank you to everyone on Mustang 6G! This is a fantastic forum with passionate, knowledgable members and loads of great information. Interacting with GT500 aficionados and fellow track junkies has been a terrific experience. So, again, thanks for that! Wishing everyone at M6G a Merry Christmas and safe holiday!
Sponsored

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
I just received my rollbar from CM in Blue saphire and it looks great.Can't wait to install it as soon as my rear seat delete arrives.
CM RollBar.jpg

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
We want to say thank you to everyone on Mustang 6G! This is a fantastic forum with passionate, knowledgable members and loads of great information. Interacting with GT500 aficionados and fellow track junkies has been a terrific experience. So, again, thanks for that! Wishing everyone at M6G a Merry Christmas and safe holiday!
I have a new 2019 GT350 in route for delivery next week, I am going to put a roll bar in it for DE events. I am researching the Watson and CMS products. Can you please pitch me on the differences as you see them and is there any special pricing for forum members?
I intend to purchase the rear seat delete and the roll bar over the next couple of week. Also can it be powder coated at your end in 2019 new Performance Blue?

OP
OP
CompetitionMotorsport

CompetitionMotorsport

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Rick, thanks for your questions. We don't like to talk down other companies' products, so I'll try to stick to real differences between the CMS and Watson products. The CMS roll bar is made from significantly higher-strength steel tubing (Docol R8 vs. DOM) and utilizes a full cross in the main hoop as opposed to a single diagonal. The kickers (rear diagonals) on the CMS roll bar are connected for added strength and stability, the Watson's are not. The installation is a little different for each, but not substantially. We believe the CMS installation ends up being stronger in the event of a roll-over.

As you mentioned, CMS custom powder-coats each bar to whatever color suits you, Watson does not. CMS also offers welded harness-strap hoops (no cost), Watson doesn't. We haven't matched Performance Blue yet but will in the next week. (It shouldn't be any different to color-match than the other Ford colors we've matched.)

So that's a (granted not utterly unbiased) comparison. The Watson product is a little less expensive (about $1,200 shipped vs. $1,495) and, all-in-all, less robust and customizable. The CMS roll bar is created from start to finish by master fabricators, TIG welders, and powder coaters on-site, in-house. We don't farm anything out. Feel free to PM us with any questions you have specific to what you're looking for. We also carry a full line of harnesses, HANS, etc. to get you on track safely!

Sponsored

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
Here is CM Rollbar installed in my 2019 GT.Excellent fit + finish.
20190318_184642.jpg

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
one thing that I like about the Watson roll cage is the rear arms attach to the beam in the trunk area. Which structural member does the rear supports attach on your roll cage?

full.jpg
Exactly.
No way in hell the CMS being bolted to seat belt anchors is as strong as watsons.
Seat belt anchor points are for seat belts, not chassis reinforcements and definitely not for a rollbar Incase of a roll over.
Not to mention the CMS bar doesn’t have a 6” square plate. That’s required by almost all scantions.
CMS bar also requires drilling into the chassis mid B chassis brace. Why?
Watson got it right by using existing mounting points.
CMS I give you a “C” for effort. Sorry.

OP
OP
CompetitionMotorsport

CompetitionMotorsport

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Here is CM Rollbar installed in my 2019 GT.Excellent fit + finish.
20190318_184642.jpg
Looks awesome! Love the blue roll bar with the blue harnesses and white leather. Mustang guys have a fantastic sense of style and aesthetics, we've seen so many cool color combos in the interior.

OP
OP
CompetitionMotorsport

CompetitionMotorsport

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Exactly.
No way in hell the CMS being bolted to seat belt anchors is as strong as watsons.
Seat belt anchor points are for seat belts, not chassis reinforcements and definitely not for a rollbar Incase of a roll over.
Not to mention the CMS bar doesn’t have a 6” square plate. That’s required by almost all scantions.
CMS bar also requires drilling into the chassis mid B chassis brace. Why?
Watson got it right by using existing mounting points.
CMS I give you a “C” for effort. Sorry.
We don't like to get into long drawn-out discussions about engineering on enthusiast forums, they almost always bore members to tears. We do have reasons for the choices we made that are based on what we've learned building and racing fully-caged racing chassis and bolt-in four point roll bars. If you want to discuss anything in-depth, please give us a call at (844) 438-7244 -- we love engineering/design questions!
Sponsored